Frank Solich

gopher_schroepf

Reaction score

I think Frank Solich could turn the Gophers around. He is a proven head coach in a BCS conference. He has turned Ohio into a decent MAC football team. He has coached in a National Championship game and has coached a Heisman Trophy winner. Here is a link to his bio at Ohio.

http://www.ohiobobcats.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/solich_frank00.html

and his wiki bio

http://www.ohiobobcats.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/solich_frank00.html

Solich had some great years at Nebraska and got a bum rap there. I am surprised his name does not come up more for the big openings but not sure he is a good fit here.

If they go after Frank it may be a good idea to keep that no alcohol at the Bank policy in place.

Bad idea. If we're going to take a chance on a MAC coach we can get one that is (A) younger and (B) actually competing for MAC Championships...Al Golden, Jerry Kill and Brady Hoke (formerly at Ball State now at SDSU) are all better names.

He's on the list of guys that were worth at shot last time. Shouldn't even be mentioned this go round.

Let Frank sail off into the sunset with the Bobcats. I want a coach who will be at the U for the long haul, not just another 5 year band-aid.

On a related note, if the Brew Cruiser had sunk last year I wonder if we would have ended up with Turner Gill?

Gill was a possibility, he also inherited a gigantic mess in Kansas that's going to take serious time to sort out. All created by Mount Mangino.

I think the Nebraska fan base would be quite excited!

I think Solich's name came up when Mason ended up getting the job.

I believe that's GopherGod.

Nope, not me. Frank is a great guy and a very good X and O coach but is not a dynamic personality if you meet him. This translates to difficulty in recruiting. He is in a perfect spot right where he is now, he can coach without having to recruit top flight players.

Top Bottom