Fox 9: The top moments of a historic 11-2 Gophers football season

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Wald:

After just three seasons in charge, P.J. Fleck has changed the expectations for and the perception of the University of Minnesota football program.

Fleck’s Gophers, coming off their first 11-win season since 1904, finished the year ranked No. 10 in the final Associated Press bowl. The Gophers finished a historic 2019 season with a 31-24 win over No. 12-ranked Auburn in the Outback Bowl.

Minnesota will have at least three NFL Draft picks in April, with safety Antoine Winfield Jr. and linebacker Kamal Martin on defense, and receiver Tyler Johnson putting himself in the history books by season’s end. The Gophers accomplished all kinds of things this year, and the hope now is Fleck has established a standard.

Minnesota will enter 2020 likely ranked in the top-15 in the country. They won’t sneak up on anyone next year. With spring football about two months away, here’s a look back at some of the top moments of 2019.

Go Gophers!!

I hope Kamal Martin is drafted. But with his injuries this season, I would be surprised if he was drafted, but he should get signed as an UFA.

I hope Kamal Martin is drafted. But with his injuries this season, I would be surprised if he was drafted, but he should get signed as an UFA.

He will be an interesting one to watch. He has had multiple months to heal up so he should be in good shape when the pro day workouts happen. Maybe not a lock to get drafted but seems like someone who might get picked in the later rounds.

Top Bottom