Fox 9: Gophers safety Antoine Winfield Jr. invited to virtual NFL Draft

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Fox 9:

There is a decent chance University of Minnesota safety Antoine Winfield Jr. will be selected in the first round of the NFL Draft in two weeks, and he learned Thursday he could be a part of the virtual coverage.

ESPN’s Adam Schefter released the names of 58 prospects who will be invited to participate virtually in the NFL Draft, which will be held April 23-25. It will be done online-only, with team officials communicating from remote locations as team facilities around the NFL are shut down due to the Coronavirus pandemic.

Winfield is among the 58 prospects on the list, which include most of the top talent in the 2020 NFL Draft. The NFL is still working on logistics and details with the draft two weeks away, but prospects will likely be interviewed via Zoom or another online platform after selections are made. That's also likley how teams will make their selections.

He could be selected in the first round two weeks from Thursday, and he might even stay in Minnesota. The Vikings have the No. 22 and No. 25 overall picks, gaining an additional first round pick in the trade that sent Stefon Diggs to the Buffalo Bills.

Go Gophers!!

Nice. All that hard work.

Thinking this us another first for the program.

Paging Tom Rinaldi and a interview with the Winfields.

It’s nice to be recognized as a top 1-2 round pick but maybe I’m missing something here - haven’t they had players from every round remotely participate from home for years now?

Somebody school me if this is different from the usual Skype/Zoom call in.

It’s nice to be recognized as a top 1-2 round pick but maybe I’m missing something here - haven’t they had players from every round remotely participate from home for years now?

Somebody school me if this is different from the usual Skype/Zoom call in.
You're correct on the latter rounds with the big boys. However first rounders typically are on site. This year I believe the player who gets drafted would have been brought over by a little boat within the facility. Sounded kind of neat actually. Perhaps Vegas will get another chance down the road.

You're correct on the latter rounds with the big boys. However first rounders typically are on site. This year I believe the player who gets drafted would have been brought over by a little boat within the facility. Sounded kind of neat actually. Perhaps Vegas will get another chance down the road.

This sounds like some kind of fever dream. Obligatory Tom

Top Bottom