Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score

Whalen covers:

1. Last three games
2. Jasmine Powell
3. Gadiva Hubbard
4. One on one with Sara Scalia
5. Jasmine Brunson's post game engagement
6. Penn State (Lindsay has never won a B1G tourney game)

Quotable (per Whalen) from some (unidentified, but sounds a lot like Lisa Bluder) Big-Ten coach: “Minnesota is the best 11th-ranked Big-Ten team that ever existed.”

Quotable (per Whalen) from some (unidentified, but sounds a lot like Lisa Bluder) Big-Ten coach: “Minnesota is the best 11th-ranked Big-Ten team that ever existed.”

During the coaches teleconference Vera Jones asked Lindsay, "A fellow coach said your team was the best number 11 seed ever. In your mind what makes that statement true".

I mentioned that in the Gophers vs Iowa forum.....and I quote form that forum "Why almost 10 losses by 10 or less points? Why are the Gophers always losing in the 4th quarter, after playing so hard all game? Why are they NEVER the victorious ones at the end of hard fought battles? Did anyone catch Coach Bluder's interview when she was talking about their 1 point win earlier this season? She talked about how great she thinks the players are for the Gophers. She mentioned, they are quick, strong, can shoot free throws, on the boards, and can shoot behind the arc, but can't understand why they are ranked #11 in the Big Ten. To me, it was a shot at Lindsay's coaching. Then again, maybe it wasn't. Lindsay's a great person but, this does seems like a coaching issue. Is she being out coached??"

During the coaches teleconference Vera Jones asked Lindsay, "A fellow coach said your team was the best number 11 seed ever. In your mind what makes that statement true".
Curious, what was Lindsay's response?

More of a compliment to the conference than to the underperforming team.

Hey, you’re the best of the worst! Feel proud!

Last edited:

More of a complement to the conference than to the underperforming team.

Hey, you’re the best of the worst! Feel proud!
It must get old trying to answer presser questions. After a typical loss it’s usually “Give credit to _______.”

In this case I guess the trite answer must be “Give credit to teams 1-10.”

The real answer is something like ...

“We lost 2 guards, plus we have a guard and a post on injured disabled all season (plus Brunson on concussion protocol for a few games), plus I don’t have enough confidence in our 2-4 (on the depth chart) posts to play them very much, thus we have a real shallow bench, thus our rotation rarely gets rest unless they are in foul trouble, thus every other team in the Big Ten has an extra gear in the 4th quarter, but we don’t.

We have a team that’s really too short for the Big Ten.

Oh, did I mention that we mistreated our best player until she quit.

But our remaining 6-player primary rotation are some of the best players in the Big Ten, thus we’re the best number 11 seed ever.”

Last edited:

The comment was nothing more than saying this is the best the conference has been in a long time.

It must get old trying to answer presser questions. After a typical loss it’s usually “Give credit to _______.”

In this case I guess the trite answer must be “Give credit to teams 1-10.”

The real answer is something like ...

“We lost 2 guards, plus we have a guard and a post on injured disabled all season (plus Brunson on concussion protocol for a few games), plus I don’t have enough confidence in our 2-4 (on the depth chart) posts to play them very much, thus we have a real shallow bench, thus our rotation rarely gets rest unless they are in foul trouble, thus every other team in the Big Ten has an extra gear in the 4th quarter, but we don’t.

We have a team that’s really too short for the Big Ten.

Oh, did I mention that we mistreated our best player until she quit.

But our remaining 6-player primary rotation are some of the best players in the Big Ten, thus we’re the best number 11 seed ever.”
I know the majority of posters on this forum are true fans who want this program to be successful. The departure of Destiny Pitts was a huge loss for this team and our program. However, to continue with the narrative that somebody " mistreated " her is not something you know for a fact. I miss her contributions and watching her sweet shot. We all have to acknowledge that we most likely will never have all the information in this difficult situation and move past this difficult situation to support the team.

Top Bottom