Four Game B1G Winning Streak

noamfromm

Reaction score
Since we last won a share of the Big Ten title (1967) we have won four straight B1G games 5 times ('73, '13, '16, '19, '21). If we look at 5 game B1G winning streaks only three coaches have had them: Bierman (5), Warmath (3), & Fleck (1). When we look historically Fleck is actually doing what he claimed he would when he came -- that is bridging the gap and doing things that haven't been done here in a long time. This season may not lead to a division title or a big ten title -- but we are contending.

Last edited:

Additionally, Fleck is the only gopher coach to win 7 straight Big Ten games

Since we last won a share of the Big Ten title (1967) we have won four straight B1G games 5 times ('73, '13, '16, '19, '21). If we look at 5 game B1G winning streaks only three coaches have had them: Bierman (5), Warmath (3), & Fleck (1). When we look historically Fleck is actually doing what he claimed he would when he came -- that is bridging the gap and doing things that haven't been done here in a long time. This season may not lead to a division title or a big ten title -- but we are contending.
There is no doubt Fleck has elevated the program to a level it hasn't been at in a long time. Not where we want to be yet but there is no doubt we are headed in the right direction.

It is, bridging the gap is taking on Iowa and Wisconsin consistently, the stated point of the thread as posited in the OP.
No, bridging the gap means moving the program up above the rest of the division into the contender mix. You do that by consistently winning the majority of your games against the also rans.

The next step is hitting the point where you can consistently compete with and beat the Iowa and Wisconsin's of the world. But this thread is about us having conference winning streaks that have not been common around here in a long long time.

I was just on the phone with my wife and I thought I would get her with the piece of trivia that I wrote about in the OP. She says "oh I saw that on Twitter its Bierman, Warmath and Fleck". Thanks for the attribution @GopherHole Staff 😂

Top Bottom