Four Defensive Tackles signed

husker70

Reaction score
Checking the roster they still have Hageman at DE, could be an error since he dominated inside at the one against Illinois and Iowa. This is a great sign. Depth if not developement is what it takes on defense. Strength up the middle is key. Legana, Jacques, Hageman, Timms, Johnson, Hinojosa, Epke. When was the last time the Gophers had 7-10 defensive tackles on the roster?

Checking the roster they still have Hageman at DE, could be an error since he dominated inside at the one against Illinois and Iowa. This is a great sign. Depth if not developement is what it takes on defense. Strength up the middle is key. Legana, Jacques, Hageman, Timms, Johnson, Hinojosa, Epke. When was the last time the Gophers had 7-10 defensive tackles on the roster?

+1 I was thinking along those lines earlier today. It will be nice to at least have a shot at having a defensive line that is not gassed in the fourth due to lack of depth.

We had a great DT rotation (by Minnesota standards) of Brown/Small with Edwards/Kirksey behind them a couple years ago. Hopefully, we can get back to that level of depth/production and then exceed it. I am a little worried about Hageman inside as their are so few DT's who excel at his height (former Jacksonvile Pro Bowl DT John Henderson would be a notable exception), but his emergence near the end of the season was on of the more positive developments of a disappointing season.

We had a great DT rotation (by Minnesota standards) of Brown/Small with Edwards/Kirksey behind them a couple years ago. Hopefully, we can get back to that level of depth/production and then exceed it. I am a little worried about Hageman inside as their are so few DT's who excel at his height (former Jacksonvile Pro Bowl DT John Henderson would be a notable exception), but his emergence near the end of the season was on of the more positive developments of a disappointing season.

No worries. If Nebraska fans take notice and ask who Mr. Hageman is, he will do just fine.

Hageman is going to be a beast inside this year. He just needs to figure out the leverage. Kevin Williams is pretty tall too.

Don't forget Cameron Botticelli.

This is great, that is a lot of mean mass there. I can't wait for an opponent to try to push it in on 4 and Goal!

I agree with an earlier poster, the opposing OL will be tired in the 4th with this rotation.

B1G games are won up front and depth on the d-line is exciting as well as the 17 OL we have and not a one is a SR. 21 on the DL and four are seniors. Get them developed and focus on recruiting athletes and the future is looking bright.

We had a great DT rotation (by Minnesota standards) of Brown/Small with Edwards/Kirksey behind them a couple years ago. Hopefully, we can get back to that level of depth/production and then exceed it. I am a little worried about Hageman inside as their are so few DT's who excel at his height (former Jacksonvile Pro Bowl DT John Henderson would be a notable exception), ...

the Vikings' Kevin Williams, at 6'6", has had a pretty decent career at DT

Anthony Montgomery did well. It is all about leverage and pad level.

Don't get overly excited. We will be better, but we are not talking world beaters here. Baby steps in the right direction. Hageman could be special.

Top Bottom