FOT, KyGopher - any insight to the Billy D to UK rumor?

I thought the gopher hole was for Minn. basketball not that other school. I for one followed Tubby to Minn. to enjoy watching him build the program to a new level and could not care less about the latest news from lexington. There already is a board for that stuff. Lets keep the gopher board for gopher related news and opinions about our team.

I thought the gopher hole was for Minn. basketball not that other school. I for one followed Tubby to Minn. to enjoy watching him build the program to a new level and could not care less about the latest news from lexington. There already is a board for that stuff. Lets keep the gopher board for gopher related news and opinions about our team.

Sorry. Weren't you a Minnesota fan to begin with ? Or were you a Kentucky fan that decided to be a Minnesota fan once Tubby left ? Confusing. Sorry. I think it's an interesting story regardless of who you root for. Since it's indirectly linked to our coach, I at least, think it's appropriate for discussion here.

FOT, I know you love throwing around those facts of win/loss percentages and what not, but while I think its a good indicator at how Tubby has done and how Gillispie is doing, I just dont think facts speak loud enough for kentucky fans. I bet you can throw all the positive statistics at them and they wont give a hoot. I think the majority of them just want Billy gone because they have such a short temper.

Someone asked why a coach would be interested in the Kentucky job.

One word: Ego.

These guys have so much self-confidence that they can make it work and what happened to someone else won't happen to them. That's why Tom Crean stepped in to clean up the mess at Indiana.

Tubby doesn't have much external ego, but he is still very confident.

Or, you could just simply ignore the thread titled: "FOT, KyGopher - any insight to the Billy D to UK rumor?"

Especially if you could not care less. Why even click on it if it bothers you so much?

Personally, I find it interesting and it certainly does indirectly involve Tubby. Gillispie is the guy who took his spot.

melbo....If your not interested then don't read or respond to the thread. Simple enough.

I baffles me when people get so upset about other schools (specifically Kentucky) being discussed on this board. Read the subject...there isn't anything misleading about it. If you don't want to be a part of a discussion on a particular issue, that is your prerogative. It doesn't mean you have to set the parameters of discussion for others.

Kentucky, for obvious reasons, is an interesting topic for many Gopher fans. I lack interest in your lack of interest.

*looks like tj and 105 beat me to it...

To RESERVE,tjgopher,and sec105, fair enough I wont read or respond to any thread by FOT. Simple enough. Enjoy your big blue gopher board!

To RESERVE,tjgopher,and sec105, fair enough I wont read or respond to any thread by FOT. Simple enough. Enjoy your big blue gopher board!

That's fine, but why stop at that?

This board is definitely for Gopher fans, but it also has a general basketball flavor to it. I mean on this day alone, here are the topics on the board (none are directly related to the Gophers):

--Iowa basketball transfers
--State tournament radio links
--Mankato State women in title game
--NIT final four
--Tonight's NCAA tournament games
--players who have famous blood lines
--UConn's recruiting problems
--Henry Sibley upset
--Cole Aldrich maybe a Twolf
--popularity of different sports in MN
--pick per day

In other words, it is a neat place to come to find out about college hoops - and hoops in general. Not sure why it strikes you so wrong that someone might post about Kentucky's situation given that our current head coach came from there.

Not only that, tjgopher, but a few are still interested in Dan Monson and how things are for him at Long Beach State, or wherever it is he's at.

To tjgopher. I am a gopher fan and a basketball fan in general. I enjoy posts about other schools and topics. The problem I have with fot is that in just over one year he has 3021 posts and by far the majority of them are connected to uk. A bit too much Imho.

To tjgopher. I am a gopher fan and a basketball fan in general. I enjoy posts about other schools and topics. The problem I have with fot is that in just over one year he has 3021 posts and by far the majority of them are connected to uk. A bit too much Imho.

There is a fancy little thing on this board called the ignore user function. if it bothers you so much...use it. Its not that complicated....

I am a gopher fan and a basketball fan in general. I enjoy reading posts about other schools and other situations concerning basketball.The problem I have with fot is that in just over one year he has 3021 posts and by far the majority of them are tied to uk.A bit too much Imho.

I am a gopher fan and a basketball fan in general. I enjoy reading posts about other schools and other situations concerning basketball.The problem I have with fot is that in just over one year he has 3021 posts and by far the majority of them are tied to uk.A bit too much Imho.

We got that allready. You just posted the same thing you posted 2 posts ago. If you don't like FOT's threads, you can get it set up to ignore him. That way you can stil lsee evreything else on the board except for his posts....

I'd quibble a little with that. I'd say most of FOT's posts deal with the Gophers, the lineup, the personnel, the Big Ten, recruiting, and personal info about Tubby. He doesn't post all that often about UK, IMO. He will often respond to something someone says about UK. But, FOT isn't even a diehard UK fan. He is a Purdue guy, who likes Cincinnati and Minnesota, and to a lesser degree Kentucky. Although, I don't mean to speak for him, he can correct me if I'm wrong.

Either way, this thread has now reached three pages, so there must be some interest in it:)

That's a complete crock of BS. The great GREAT majority of my posts here are about Tubby or the Gophers and their Big 10 opponents.

As you may not know, I'm a Purdue alum and Big 10 fan for 40 years now. Oh.

A small % of my posts are about UK, usually in response to a specific question asked.

The Kentucky drama is like an accident on the side of the freeway

You try hard not to look but you just can't help yourself sometimes. This is just facinating to watch unfold.

Then don't read his posts. I for one find them interesting since I love all college basketball not just the Gophers.

FOT adds a lot to this board. I don't always agree, but I read with interest his insight and input into his posts. I would rather read FOT than TT or ArtFart.

Report are coming up that Gillespie is out as UK coach. again just stuffs i been hearing.

Top Bottom