FOS: College Football Playoff Tickets Reach $50K

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Per Front Office Sports:

The price of tickets to this year’s College Football Playoff games could empty some pockets.

The most expensive tickets to this year’s Peach Bowl — the playoff semifinal between Georgia and Ohio State at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta on Saturday — are going for north of $50,000, with the average ticket price at $697 and the starting price at around $495.

The Fiesta Bowl, which will see Michigan and TCU face off in the other playoff semifinal, is a much cheaper game to catch. Tickets start at $390 and go up to around $4,000.

Fans wanting to go to the national championship at SoFi Stadium in Inglewood, California, on Jan. 9 will have to shell out significantly more.

• The current average price for a game ticket is $3,000.
  • Some reports suggest fans can find tickets as low as $1,180.

Go Gophers!!

Per Front Office Sports:

The price of tickets to this year’s College Football Playoff games could empty some pockets.

The most expensive tickets to this year’s Peach Bowl — the playoff semifinal between Georgia and Ohio State at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta on Saturday — are going for north of $50,000, with the average ticket price at $697 and the starting price at around $495.

The Fiesta Bowl, which will see Michigan and TCU face off in the other playoff semifinal, is a much cheaper game to catch. Tickets start at $390 and go up to around $4,000.

Fans wanting to go to the national championship at SoFi Stadium in Inglewood, California, on Jan. 9 will have to shell out significantly more.

• The current average price for a game ticket is $3,000.
  • Some reports suggest fans can find tickets as low as $1,180.

Go Gophers!!
Lots of corporations buying up blocks of those bad boys

Are they actually going for $50,000 or are some just posted for that high?

I always feel like these articles are clickbait and just look for the most expensive ticket that is never gonna get sold.

Are they actually going for $50,000 or are some just posted for that high?

I always feel like these articles are clickbait and just look for the most expensive ticket that is never gonna get sold.
I should list my $20 Twins tickets next year for $50,000 and see if I get any takers.

Top Bottom