Former Wisconsin Badger star Thomas Burke charged with sex assault in Minnesota

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per STrib:

A former NFL player and University of Wisconsin football star is accused of repeatedly sexually assaulting a young girl.

Thomas Allen Burke, 44, is charged with first-degree criminal sexual conduct in St. Louis County, Minnesota. According to a criminal complaint, the child told her mother in February that Burke had assaulted her on numerous occasions.

Burke, of Rice Lake, Wisconsin, waived extradition to Minnesota following his arrest Friday. He was held in the St. Louis County Jail on $100,000 bail. He posted bail and was released Monday, according to jail staff.

A criminal complaint said Burke denied the accusation. Minnesota's Court Information Office said Tuesday that Burke does not yet have an attorney.

Burke was a defensive end for the Arizona Cardinals from 1999 to 2002. He was inducted into the UW Athletics Hall of Fame last year after playing for the Badgers from 1995 to 1998, when he set the Big Ten record for most sacks in a single season with 22.

He was a member of the Badgers' 1998 Big Ten championship team that won the 1999 Rose Bowl.

Go Gophers!!

They know what to do with chomo’s in the big house. Nuff said

He had some symptoms of being mentally unstable in his last year at WI when he was an all American.
Those symptoms and self treatment with alcohol led him on a downward spiral.
He sold his Rose Bowl ring on eBay ten years ago.
I suspect he will fail a mental competency exam-?CTE.

He had some symptoms of being mentally unstable in his last year at WI when he was an all American.
Those symptoms and self treatment with alcohol led him on a downward spiral.
He sold his Rose Bowl ring on eBay ten years ago.
I suspect he will fail a mental competency exam-?CTE.
Sad sad sad... You hear stories like this and it makes you wonder just how many screws were knocked loose from the game. Times have changed, equipment has changed, and hopefully someday we can figure out how to keep playing this game without all the mental side effects. Violent; violent game... the accusations are horrendous. I hope he can find the help he needs and I'm assuming so many others need.

Sad sad sad... You hear stories like this and it makes you wonder just how many screws were knocked loose from the game. Times have changed, equipment has changed, and hopefully someday we can figure out how to keep playing this game without all the mental side effects. Violent; violent game... the accusations are horrendous. I hope he can find the help he needs and I'm assuming so many others need.
Always been violent; but, basically, lot more mass colliding now and probably at faster speeds. If you're parceling out help, the girl is also going to need a lot of it.

Top Bottom