former T-Wolf Ricky Davis to coach MN HS team

If you don’t have specifics about the politics behind this, if any, it’s best to not speculate. That’s how unfounded rumors start. Maybe Davis just blew away the hiring committee as the best candidate to help the kids.
Why? It's a message board. I made it abundantly clear that I have no idea why they went with Ricky Davis but it seemed fishy.

I'm not quite sure how speculating on an interesting local sports story is harmful in any way.

The North principal should not be hiring basketball coaches. That’s the AD’s job.
Sure, but that's not really realistic. A lot of ADs answer to people higher than them, whether they should or shouldn't is kind of meaningless with how things actually play out.

Sure, but that's not really realistic. A lot of ADs answer to people higher than them, whether they should or shouldn't is kind of meaningless with how things actually play out.
Why isn’t it realistic? North has way more issues then who they hire as a basketball coach? That principal is lucky to have a job! They same lady who led a school walkout that led to a student’s death was brought back because of the community. To be front and center of a basketball coaching hiring that goes against the community is rather arrogant. Think she has the same energy when she’s looking to hire a social studies teacher?

Why isn’t it realistic? North has way more issues then who they hire as a basketball coach? That principal is lucky to have a job! They same lady who led a school walkout that led to a student’s death was brought back because of the community. To be front and center of a basketball coaching hiring that goes against the community is rather arrogant. Think she has the same energy when she’s looking to hire a social studies teacher?
I agree with you 100%. I wasn't defending her. I was simply saying that in reality (not what should be), the AD is going to be controlled by the principal.

Top Bottom