Former QB target James Morgan getting draft buzz

McPeePants

Reaction score
I remember this Green Bay native as a Gophers QB target under Kill. We offered him as PWO but he took a scholarship from Bowling Green, then transferred to Florida Int'l. Put together a nice college career and is now getting late-round buzz as a developmental NFL guy.

Just so Jerry Kill.
Ended up getting drafted in the fourth round. Good for him.

I'm not going to disparage JK for not getting him here. Not only were there not a bunch of schools clamoring for him, he was pretty marginal at BGSU. Only when he transferred to FL Intl. did he play well. His improvement from his SO year to JR year with the transfer is remarkable. Plus he would have been the same class as Demry Croft, who was theoretically a better fit for their system.

Ended up getting drafted in the fourth round. Good for him.

I'm not going to disparage JK for not getting him here. Not only were there not a bunch of schools clamoring for him, he was pretty marginal at BGSU. Only when he transferred to FL Intl. did he play well. His improvement from his SO year to JR year with the transfer is remarkable. Plus he would have been the same class as Demry Croft, who was theoretically a better fit for their system.

Yeah it's kinda the Carson Wentz thing, no other big programs were clamoring for him either. They all missed too..

Top Bottom