Former Minnesota asst. Ed Warinner taking Gophers 'very, very seriously'

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Hole:

On Wednesday, Warinner recounted what it was like being on the other side of this rivalry, and where he’s seen the program grow since leaving for Ann Arbor.

“I went there and worked there P.J.’s first year,” Warinner said. “I enjoyed being in his program. He’s very organized and he’s very good at communicating what his objectives are to the team and how he wants to run his program. He has a real clear vision of how he wants to do that. Obviously, how he wanted to build his program, it came to fruition Year Three there, last year with a great year, a great finish to the season.

“Everything about it for me was positive. Now we’re on the other side. And I’m looking forward to going back up there, and I enjoyed Minneapolis that year and I enjoyed being there. I still have a lot of friends on the staff. Really good people that I’m still close to up there. In this particular game, we’ve gotta get after each other and see if we can come out on top.

“But I think he’s doing a fantastic job with the program and how to manage the program in that environment – the university, in the Twin Cities with five pro teams in that town. He’s done an outstanding job in three years of building that thing up.”

Go Gophers!!

Their QB coach Ben McDaniels was a GA here for Mason in 2004 and 2005. He crossed paths with Fleck at Tampa Bay in 2012 and Rossi, Norries Wilson, and SandC guy Jeremy Cole at Rutgers in 2014 and 2015. He was Rutgers OC, Rossi DC in 2015.

per Hole:

On Wednesday, Warinner recounted what it was like being on the other side of this rivalry, and where he’s seen the program grow since leaving for Ann Arbor.

“I went there and worked there P.J.’s first year,” Warinner said. “I enjoyed being in his program. He’s very organized and he’s very good at communicating what his objectives are to the team and how he wants to run his program. He has a real clear vision of how he wants to do that. Obviously, how he wanted to build his program, it came to fruition Year Three there, last year with a great year, a great finish to the season.

“Everything about it for me was positive. Now we’re on the other side. And I’m looking forward to going back up there, and I enjoyed Minneapolis that year and I enjoyed being there. I still have a lot of friends on the staff. Really good people that I’m still close to up there. In this particular game, we’ve gotta get after each other and see if we can come out on top.

“But I think he’s doing a fantastic job with the program and how to manage the program in that environment – the university, in the Twin Cities with five pro teams in that town. He’s done an outstanding job in three years of building that thing up.”

Go Gophers!!

Mmmhhhmm. He also had people that were very fine people, on both sides, amiright?

:ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom