Former Governor Arne Carlson, Former Gopher Captain Jim Carter Critical of U for Allowing Huntington's Branding at TCF Bank Stadium

I didn't mean all the smaller ones on the back of the helmet.

I meant the main logos that are prominent on the sides, ie the M's or the Goldy heads.
Gotcha. I find it interesting that the Sid decal was pretty much the same shade of green that Huntington uses.

LOL!

I'm fine with voting for politicians who want to increase university funding.

Are you?
It’s always the skinflints who bitch the most.

Get out the checkbook, skinflint.

Gotcha. I find it interesting that the Sid decal was pretty much the same shade of green that Huntington uses.
Agree it is an interesting thing to note, that I'm sure Arne and Jim didn't recall before writing it. I had forgotten about that myself.

For all of you criticts, it's an easy fix. Come up with the millions of dollars that these naming rights generate. Then you can name the stadium anything you want.
No, you can’t. Because the U of M would still be in a contract

I'm sure they could cite an escape clause in the contract, particularly with new owners buying out the former contract holder and the colors being different.

Wouldn't be free, of course, but the point was to come up with millions anyway.

The Huntington name is a big whatever and the result of industry consolidation, the logo for Huntington Bank Stadium is straight up horrendous.

Shooter chimes in:

More than a few prominent former football Gophers and supporters are livid that their alma mater’s traditional maroon and gold colors at TCF Bank Stadium are planned for replacement by green and white colors logo signage of Huntington Bank, which recently purchased TCF Bank.

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom