Former Gopher Tyrone Carter posts video demanding U of M take his name down

BleedGopher

Reaction score
There can't be many situations like this where a legendary player like TC has been so outspoken in his displeasure with his alma mater:

Go Gophers!!

Almost wish this thread was on the off topic board. This one is going to get ugly. Tyrone needs to understand that the U's hands were tied and I don't believe they had much choice. In addition Fleck wasn't even on campus when the incident happen. I'm forever grateful that the U didn't hire him as an assistant. He isn't stable and needs help.

Is this tremendously different than some of the rhetoric out there.

If feels this way and wants his name taken down which he has every right then the U should comply with his request.

Following his last Twitter tantrum, I've pretty much tuned TC out.

The man is an an incoherent, rambling mess. And the fact he's pissed at Fleck for this is simply mind-boggling.

If I'm the U, I just take his "stuff" down like he asks and completely wash my hands of this lunatic.

The man is an an incoherent, rambling mess. And the fact he's pissed at Fleck for this is simply mind-boggling.

Depends on when he posts:

He's not mad at Fleck.

Well yes he is.

He's not mad at Fleck.

Well yes he is.

He's not mad at Fleck.

Well yes he is.

He's not mad at Fleck.

Well yes he is.

He's not mad at Fleck.

Well yes he is.

He’s probably mad at Fleck because he didn’t get offered a coaching job. Who would hire this guy? Is he’s still going to be working for the Vikings and Fox 9? If so, they can’t be thrilled with this.

I don't remember him being on KFAN anymore either.

Apparently he doesn't have any friends to settle him down.

I used to think he just has a big mouth and stuff just blows over after a couple days. Now, I fully expect something tragic to happen eventually. He’s a ticking time bomb.

Is that the extra jumbo-sized Mike's Hard Lemonade talking? I sure don't recognize this version of TC.

He needs counseling help.

I hope TC understands that because the conduct involving the alleged student being a member of the University's cheer teams, and then also Student athletes on the Football team, underage alcohol consumption in team " University sponsored housing" would have likely played the biggest role in the University realizing there was possibly some liability there in this case. The former President handling of this situation wasn't great either.
He seems to forget that the Student athletes football players, provided the alleged alcohol, and invited the underage minor to the event in University sponsored housing, and University provided recruiting "funds" and that a student on the football team was the one that filmed said events on his cellphone and sent out the group text the initiated all of the people coming over to this apartment. That and it is pretty questionable that the Student from the cheer team, didn't actually ever agree to what he calls "Sex with the minor issue" otherwise we would not have had the whole EOAA investigation and even the Hennepin county atty office investigation. At one point there was some consensual behavior with the RB, maybe a couple others, but after the alcohol and Cheer team student saying no, at some point he TC should know better then trying to blame the University on what would many call questionable behavior after a certain point in time. Some of the football players possibly could have been charged with a crime and he also knows this event walked a fine line between consensual and not consensual, as this event crossed over in to a he said she said gray area, and then all of the allegations.
This settlement agreement likely had more to do with the fact that said event happened in University sponsored housing for the football players, provided by the University than the race of the individuals involved, but hey continue to rip the University at all cost and by all means. He is just PO'ed the cheer team person got a settlement and none of the football players got anything. Hire a better attorney, next time or have an actual case, a couple had cases with the Media specifically a certain media personality, but not the University itself. RIP me too, but that is likely why the settlement occurred the student housing issue, and football recruiting funds provided some of the trappings of what occured in the apartment.

Last edited:

I hope TC understands that because the conduct involving the alleged student being a member of the University's cheer teams, and then also Student athletes on the Football team, underage alcohol consumption in team " University sponsored housing" would have likely played the biggest role in the University realizing there was possibly some liability there in this case. The former President handling of this situation wasn't great either.
He seems to forget that the Student athletes football players, provided the alleged alcohol, and invited the underage minor to the event in University sponsored housing, and University provided recruiting "funds" and that a student on the football team was the one that filmed said events on his cellphone and sent out the group text the initiated all of the people coming over to this apartment. That and it is pretty questionable that the Student from the cheer team, didn't actually ever agree to what he calls "Sex with the minor issue" otherwise we would not have had the whole EOAA investigation and even the Hennepin county atty office investigation. At one point there was some consensual behavior with the RB, maybe a couple others, but after the alcohol and Cheer team student saying no, at some point he TC should know better then trying to blame the University on what would many call questionable behavior after a certain point in time. Some of the football players possibly could have been charged with a crime and he also knows this event walked a fine line between consensual and not consensual, as this event crossed over in to a he said she said gray area, and then all of the allegations.
This settlement agreement likely had more to do with the fact that said event happened in University sponsored housing for the football players, provided by the University than the race of the individuals involved, but hey continue to rip the University at all cost and by all means. He is just PO'ed the cheer team person got a settlement and none of the football players got anything. Hire a better attorney, next time or have an actual case, a couple had cases with the Media specifically a certain media personality, but not the University itself. RIP me too, but that is likely why the settlement occurred the student housing issue, and football recruiting funds provided some of the trappings of what occured in the apartment.

Good post. You seem like the most informed poster in GopherHole about what happened between the Gopher players and their female victim. Are you certain the female didn't agree to sex with the underage high school football recruit? I thought it all started when she agreed to have sex with the recruit and the Gopher player who was hosting him for the weekend.

Good post. You seem like the most informed poster in GopherHole about what happened between the Gopher players and their female victim. Are you certain the female didn't agree to sex with the underage high school football recruit? I thought it all started when she agreed to have sex with the recruit and the Gopher player who was hosting him for the weekend.
I thought I was known as the most informed poster in GopherHole about what happened?

Top Bottom