Former Gopher Rickey Foggie named Red Wing head football coach

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Red Wing Republican Eagle:

Red Wing football will be leaning on a University of Minnesota great to lead the team back into the Big Nine Conference this fall.

On Thursday, Red Wing Activities Director Matt Schultz announced that former Gophers quarterback and Park Center head coach Rickey Foggie will be the Wingers’ new head football coach in 2014.

After trying to revitalize the football program at Park Center over the last three years, Foggie will try to resurrect a Red Wing program that went 1-17 over the last two years.

“I see Red Wing as a school and a program that I can build from the youth organization up and make the high-school program better,” said Foggie, who also will run the school’s winter and spring strength and conditioning program.

http://www.republican-eagle.com/con...pher-foggie-named-wingers-head-football-coach

Go Gophers!!

Good luck to him, but seems like an odd choice. What's the connection between the two?

Foggie was 1-17 at PC as well.

Good luck to him, but seems like an odd choice. What's the connection between the two?

Foggie was 1-17 at PC as well.
Might be a shorter commute for him. Hopefully he still comes over to Eagan lifetime to rain 3s over everyone.

Good luck to Ricky in the Big 9 Conference, except when he plays Bubba Sullivan's Raiders.

That's where I went to high school! My brother's gonna get to play for him. Red Wing football generally is pretty bad though. I think we've had streaks where we went 3 or 4 straight seasons without winning a single game. Hopefully Ricky Foggie can make us decent!

Top Bottom