Former Gopher Joe Coleman one of 35 finalists for ABC's 'Bachelorette'

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Joe:

There could be a whole lotta' Minnesota flavor in the upcoming season of ABC's The Bachelorette. Not only will Woodbury native Michelle Young be the Bachelorette, but she'll have a couple of men with Minnesota ties possibly in contention for her love.

ABC unveiled 35 potential candidates for Season 18 of the show, including former Gophers basketball standout Joe Coleman and ex-Vikings offensive lineman Bryan Witzmann.

Coleman was the Minnesota Mr. Basketball winner at Hopkins in 2011, then went on to play two years at the University of Minnesota. When coach Tubby Smith was fired after the 2013-14 season, Coleman transferred to Saint Mary's College in California.

Coleman certainly has basketball and Minnesota in common with Young, who is a teacher in Edina.

1627326301481.png

Go Gophers!!

Does Joe still have eligibility?
*integrity - appearing on the bachelorette is as baseless as it gets. I would imagine Joe does not have an issue with the ladies, so why would he want to share one with 30 other guys? He have a TV career he's trying to get off the ground?

He wants to be the Bachelor and lay a bunch of models? Don't they have contests as freshman to see who can lay the most chicks? Is he trying to relive the glory years?

He wants to be the Bachelor and lay a bunch of models? Don't they have contests as freshman to see who can lay the most chicks? Is he trying to relive the glory years?
He's competing to be on bachelorette, 1 model, 30 joe colemans lol

*integrity - appearing on the bachelorette is as baseless as it gets. I would imagine Joe does not have an issue with the ladies, so why would he want to share one with 30 other guys? He have a TV career he's trying to get off the ground?
Cardi B got her start on "Love & Hip Hop New York"
Elisabeth Hasselbeck - Survivor to The View
Meghan Markle - Deal or no Deal (suitcase model)
Emma Stone - In Search of the Partridge Family
Lady Gaga - Boiling Points on MTV
Kesha - The Simple Life
Jamie Chung - The Real World
John Hamm - The Big Date
The entire cast of Keeping up with the Kar...I can't even finish. Oh, and a "leaked" sex tape.

More and more, people see it as a viable way to get into the business the call "Show".

Kesha - The Simple Life
John Hamm - The Big Date
The entire cast of Keeping up with the Kar...I can't even finish. Oh, and a "leaked" sex tape.

More and more, people see it as a viable way to get into the business the call "Show".
Right, which is why I asked if he was trying to get a tv career going. It's the most rational excuse for appearing on a show such as this.

I don't really understand all of the judgment about him trying to go on there.

What ever happened to his once promising basketball career?

Kesha - The Simple Life
John Hamm - The Big Date

I am not sure I would want to know that much about that list of people.

I don't really understand all of the judgment about him trying to go on there.

What ever happened to his once promising basketball career?
Have you watched the show before? It's 20-30 guys making out with the same woman, constantly. If you're in to that kind of thing cool, but for most on the show I would deem it publicly humiliating. The only reason I could see legitimately doing it would be to springboard some type of media career. Maybe that is what he's doing, I just hadn't heard that before and no one else has confirmed.

Have you watched the show before? It's 20-30 guys making out with the same woman, constantly. If you're in to that kind of thing cool, but for most on the show I would deem it publicly humiliating. The only reason I could see legitimately doing it would be to springboard some type of media career. Maybe that is what he's doing, I just hadn't heard that before and no one else has confirmed.
Is it confined to just making out, or is there any heavy petting involved?🤔

He's in. And apparently Joe loves snacks.

Joe

Joe
Real Estate Developer
Minneapolis, MN

BACHELOR BIOGRAPHY​

Joe is a Minnesota-born-and-raised city boy with a heart of gold. He played basketball at the University of Minnesota, and while he says that basketball was his first true love, he's now ready to build a life outside of sports and find a wife. Joe, who describes himself as introverted, is looking for a woman who is smart, caring, articulate and able to make him laugh. He wants someone with aligning values and hopes they are ready for a family because Joe hopes to have at least three or four kids! Overall, Joe wants to find a "real one" with whom he can build something solid that will stand the test of time.

- Joe is scared of spiders.
- Joe loves snacks.
- Joe wants to travel to the Galapagos Islands one day.

Go Gophers!!

Spoilers from Reality Steve below in white about him on the season

He goes on 1:1 date with her on 8/15 where they throw out first pitch at Twins game

He isn't in final 2 since those have been announced by Steve already

Kesha - The Simple Life
John Hamm - The Big Date

You may as well add Rachel Campos-Duffy, Sean Duffy, and The Miz from The Real World cast.

'Bachelorette' Michelle Young shares 'Love and Basketball' moments with fellow Minnesotan​

Tuesday's episode of "The Bachelorette" contained a scene straight out of the beloved 2000 film "Love and Basketball."

But this one starred two Minnesotans.

During a group date on the ABC-TV reality series, former prep and Division 1 basketball star Michelle Young played some one-on-one with Joe Coleman, himself a prep basketball stand-out who went on to compete at the University of Minnesota.

Coleman, 28, earned the title of Minnesota's Mr. Basketball in 2011 — "basically saying that you are the No. 1 player in the state," as Young noted.

"I was 2011 Minnesota Miss Basketball," she added, pausing and then laughing, "but I was the runner-up."

As the other men watched, Young and Coleman dribbled and shot, smiled and gently ribbed one another.

"I think that's why there's a certain comfort with Joe," Young said. "Just because basketball was a huge part of my life ... life was basketball.

"Not only does he get that basketball life, he gets the Minnesota basketball life. It's like this part of you that there's just understanding that's there, right off the bat."

In a 2012 video, Coleman talked about growing up competing against his older brother, Dan Coleman, who also played for the Minnesota Gophers. The two now work together as real estate developers and property managers.

Whether Young and Coleman knew each other before the show became a point of controversy this episode.

Young recognized Coleman at the season's start. The pair had messaged about basketball, Young explained to the camera, before Coleman ghosted her. When Young pressed him, Coleman apologized: "It's something I wish I could have handled better," he said.

During the team competition on this week's date, Young massaged Coleman's shoulders, saying "C'mon, Mr. Basketball." His team lost, but he nabbed the MVP award, earning more time with her.

Later, Coleman told Young about the news he'd received that his high school coach passed away. "He was family," he said. "It's hard to digest. I'm trying to be composed right now ..."

"You don't ever have to be composed," Young said. "Us athletes, right? Game face all the time. You don't have to have a game face on all the time."

"That means a lot," he said.

"I do feel like we have this level of understanding," Young told him. "I don't know if it's basketball. I don't know if it's Minnesota. I don't know if it's both."

"I feel it too," Coleman said.

The pair kissed, and Young told the camera: "I've never had chemistry with anybody this off the charts so quickly ... I can see him being my teammate."

Then Young ditched her heels and the pair shot hoops together, again.

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom