Former Gopher captain Jim Carter blasts the U, says Kaler should be fired

For better or worse, football is pretty far down on the University's priorities. I'd be shocked if a president was fired for the handling of an athletics program. The school is thriving, so Kaler is safe. If Fleck takes us to new heights, in 30 years Coyle and Kaler will be heralded for being in charge for "The Beginning." Very few will shed any tears about a handful of players nobody remembers being kicked out of school or a historical footnote of a coach who was shown the door.

If Fleck is a flop - Coyle's seat should be hot because an AD's job is to hire and fire coaches. Kaler is safe as long as the research and academia are in good order.

I'm not sure Kaler is necessarily safe as I've heard he has opposition on the board of regents. However if he is fired, it won't be athletics related.

I'm ready to move on from all of the pissing and moaning about Kaler/Coyle as well. The situation wasn't handled as well as it should have been but its over and neither are getting fired or are on the hot seat because of it.

I'm not sure Kaler is necessarily safe as I've heard he has opposition on the board of regents. However if he is fired, it won't be athletics related.

I'm ready to move on from all of the pissing and moaning about Kaler/Coyle as well. The situation wasn't handled as well as it should have been but its over and neither are getting fired or are on the hot seat because of it.

BoR is having a review completed on the entire situation. The posts have been in response to the thread title, OP, and content of the interview...

Jim needs to loosen that scarf and relax a little. Chill out, man.

Why can't our Jim Carter be more like Jim Carter the actor's character on Downton Abbey?

and there was no need for "culture change" but we hear that spewed all day long from Coyle and many on GH!

So let's go back to no water at practice and leather helmets. NO CHANGES ALLOWED

Top Bottom