Forde: B1G advising members it's still possible there will be no season

Hospitalizations is what I pay attention to also. Still imperfect but seems to give a decent sense of current reality...kind-of...

Oh, did folks notice we will soon be notified of the existance of non-earth based manufactured materials? And not from meteorites...

Sounds about right for 2020...

View attachment 8994
“It’s a cookbook!!”

If there is one flare up on any team, I am afraid that the the Big Ten, and then the NCAA will shut the rest of the 2020 season down.
I mean, haven't there already been several flare ups?? Clemson and LSU come to mind, with like 20 or 30 players maybe a month or two ago??

I am worried about the future of Gopher Football and Gopher Sports. All sports in general.

What we have to fear is the nature of the Covid19. We seem to think or expect that a vaccine is just around the corner.

We are forgetting that after ten years the AIDS/HIV vaccine efforts were halted. A $100 Million HIV Vaccine Project Failed.

Could it be that Covid19 vaccine efforts will take longer, or even never come to fruition? How will this change the nature of all sports and society?
You have a valid, sensible concern.

However, I did hear something on the radio recently, specifically addressing the HIV point. The scientist was basically saying that the two (sars2 and hiv) aren't comparable at all, even though it is a natural place people go to in their thoughts.

HIV attacks our body's immunity cells/system directly. Vaccines basically just train/tune our immune system to fight off a particular virus/disease. So you can see immediately how making a vaccine for that could be problematic.

On the other hand, our bodies naturally do indeed create a robust response to the sars2 virus, and kill it off (in most cases). So a vaccine should work. It's just a matter of making it, safely and effectively.

Top Bottom