For what it'a worth, Souhan

I doubt if it is true. Fisch agreed to work for about 100K until Dunbar's contract expires and then his salary jumps up to what Dunbar was making - about 300K or so. JM had to have approved that arangement.

Not quite, here is Fisch's contract.

The Gophers signed him to a two-year contract that could be worth a total of $650,000. He has a $200,000 base salary from now through Feb. 15, 2010. If he's still on staff as of March 1, 2010, he gets a $125,000 bonus. The second year of the deal calls for a $325,000 salary.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/g...8cyaiUjc8LDyiUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aULPQL7PQLanchO7DiU

Not quite, here is Fisch's contract.

The Gophers signed him to a two-year contract that could be worth a total of $650,000. He has a $200,000 base salary from now through Feb. 15, 2010. If he's still on staff as of March 1, 2010, he gets a $125,000 bonus. The second year of the deal calls for a $325,000 salary.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/g...8cyaiUjc8LDyiUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aULPQL7PQLanchO7DiU

My bad. However Fisch is not getting what Dunbar got up front. I think that is because they have to pay off Dunbar. Once Dunbar is paid off then that money can go to Fisch. JM had to have approved that restructuring. It makes more sense to think that Maturi said " We have no money for a new coordinator because of Dunbar's contract " Maturi may think Brewster is a pain in the butt however Brewster is not going to be fired because Maturi had to do some contract jigging.

By the way, I would bet fairly large sums Brewster gets a contract extension. Now it may have a secret buy out clause that no one knows about but on the surface it will look like a nice extension. Maturi is an old football coach who knows how the game is played. As others have pointed out you would have a hard time getting a good coach to come in if Brewster were fired after 3 or 4 years. You will also have a hard time recruiting unless Brewster does get an extension.

Top Bottom