For U receivers, gritty plays will ignite pretty plays - Phil Miller

Schnoodler

Ice Cream Abuser
Reaction score
Another great article. I didn't realize how much I missed decent sports writing until Phil showed up. It really highlights how crappy the local media has been that he's so head and shoulders above everyone else.

Miller

Anyway, some very intriguing quotes/opinions regarding the Oline and run game from the reicevers.

Last year, it was more of a passing attack, and we took a lot of deep shots down the field," Stoudermire said. "We ran, but we weren't really successful, so the DBs [defensive backs] never came up and bought the threat. This year, the DBs will definitely have to come up, because our O-line and running backs have been phenomenal.

And ready to block. As Stoudermire says, "I really think this season will be big for myself and all the receivers because our running game is so good. I can't wait for the first game, because we're going to be pounding that rock. And when my chance comes, we're going to be ready to beat them deep."

My favorite blocks were when I could get inside the corner and drive him into the opposing coach and take him off the field. To me it was like: Hey coach please don't put this weak corner on the same field as us. I also loved the crack back, but that was just pay back for the slant routes crossing routes in front of the LB's.

Somewhere, Oldtimer is smiling

A devoted writer, with insight into the team. Phil, doesn't know oldtimer. But the Oldtimer was all about Gopher Coverage.

Another great article. I didn't realize how much I missed decent sports writing until Phil showed up. It really highlights how crappy the local media has been that he's so head and shoulders above everyone else.

+1000

Thank you Phil. Thank you.

You clearly get it. Now, especially in the preseason, there is no reason not to be positive while still being objective when you work for the local paper. You understand that you don't have to knock these kids down before they've even played a a real down this season to sell papers. Printing stories like this is fresh air in my lungs. I look forward to reading your stuff as we go thru the ups and downs of the season.

Top Bottom