For those that hate Solid Gold games...

GoAUpher

Section 246
Reaction score
You should avoid becoming a Boise State fan at all costs. They have a Color Plan for EVERY HOME GAME.

Including last night when they told folks in each section what color to wear (see attached image).

Here's the summary of the Color Plans:
BSU Color Plan said:
Oregon - As the feature game nationally for the Collegiate Licensing Company's (CLC) opening weekend of the College Colors Day Kick-off promotion, Boise State is asking for a Bronco Colors Kick-off. Alternating sections of Blue-White-Orange throughout the stadium, will highlight the Bronco colors to a nationally televised audience.

Miami (OH) - Just Wear White. Fans encouraged to wear white to this game.

UC Davis - Decade of Dominance. As part of Homecoming and the honoring of the 1999 Big West Conference and Humanitarian Bowl Championship team, which kicked off the Decade of Dominance from 1999-2008, Boise State is asking fans to wear their favorite championship t-shirt, hat or sweatshirt from the past 10 years. Decade of Dominance themed shirts will also be available for the game.

San Jose State - Halloween Orange Out. All fans asked to wear the color that links Halloween and the Broncos, orange.

Idaho - Bleed Blue Saturday. A Blue Out around "The Blue" for the in-state rivalry game. Specially created "Bleed Blue" football motto shirts and sweatshirts will be available for the Idaho game.

Nevada - ESPN Alternating Color Sections. The odd numbered sections of the stadium are asked to wear orange, even numbered sections blue. North end zone in blue, South end zone in orange and Student section in orange.

New Mexico State - Orange Pride Senior Day. Fans asked to wear orange for the regular season finale and honoring of the senior class of 2009.

QSPYDLEIKRGJYBW.20090803193904.jpg

I happen to like the idea of a Solid Gold Saturday each year but even I look at this and go yikes...

I noticed this when I wached the game last night. It isn't that I don't like gold outs, I just don't like how the fail so completely. It is pretty sad that Boise State can pull this off so effectively while we can't even get the word out for people to wear gold (they already have a 50-50 chance at getting it right to begin with).

Does the ticket office have email addresses for all season ticket holders? If so it should not be that hard to get the word out. For the fans, all you have to do is buy a $15 t-shirt at the game and throw it on over your sweatshirt. That's what we did last year for my wife, who did not attend the U of M, when we came up for the Michigan game (not to dredge up that bad memory).

I don't hate solid gold games, I hate the failure of them when 15,000 people show up completely clueless.

I watched the game last night and that was pretty cool.

that stadium sucks, and not because of the turf, more of being 100 yds away from the field even if you're in the first row.

Every school in the country can pull off the color coordination except for ours.

Does the ticket office have email addresses for all season ticket holders? If so it should not be that hard to get the word out. For the fans, all you have to do is buy a $15 t-shirt at the game and throw it on over your sweatshirt. That's what we did last year for my wife, who did not attend the U of M, when we came up for the Michigan game (not to dredge up that bad memory).

It even says to wear gold on the ticket this year.

It even says to wear gold on the ticket this year.

It'll be interesting to see. With no walk-up sales this year, it should be easier to get the word out for Solid Gold games.

One down side: I have been looking for a gold Gophers jacket to wear to those games and Gold Country and the bookstore have basically nothing. I talked to the manager at the stadium GC location and he basically said that they wouldn't order any unless demand was really clear. It's awfully tough to have a Solid Gold regardless of weather if you can't buy a damn gold jacket.

Top Bottom