For those saying we will be 9-9 in b10 play

fryguy22

Maroon and Gold from birth
Reaction score
Please tell me the other 7 conference games we will lose this season.

I completely agree that the first two games have been extremely frustrating losses, that we really should have won AT LEAST one of the two, and that there are some problems on this team. That being said, I still think we are much better than 9-9 in the Big10. For those who disagree, I am just wondering what 7 other games you have us losing to be squarely on the bubble come Selection Sunday. Thanks!

Please tell me the other 7 conference games we will lose this season.

I completely agree that the first two games have been extremely frustrating losses, that we really should have won AT LEAST one of the two, and that there are some problems on this team. That being said, I still think we are much better than 9-9 in the Big10. For those who disagree, I am just wondering what 7 other games you have us losing to be squarely on the bubble come Selection Sunday. Thanks!

I see MN finishing with 5 BT losses. (@MSU, @Wisc. @Purd. @OSU and OSU at Home) There are no other games that they should lose. Win every home game (except OSU) and handle teams you should on the road.

13-5 (24-6 overall) is a pretty good Big Ten record. Add that in with the good PR wins and this team should be doing just fine.

As long as the 3 pt defense remains poor, a team like Northwestern or Illinois is a threat.

There's a big difference between games you "should" win and the games you do win.

I think 10-8 or 11-7 is still possible. If betting I would bet on 10-8.

I see MN finishing with 5 BT losses. (@MSU, @Wisc. @Purd. @OSU and OSU at Home) There are no other games that they should lose. Win every home game (except OSU) and handle teams you should on the road.

I agree with you completely. Tubby will get them going in the same direction. 24 and 6 is what I forecast before the season began. One loss pre-Big Ten (although not to the team we lost to), losing 3 or our first 4 in the Big Ten. I have seen nothing that makes me believe any differently right now.

If anything it is more reinforced then ever. With loss of 3 players (either for the entire season or for 5 or 6 games for Al and Devoe) in our first 12 games, how could we expect anything else? As long as academics or such do not step up and bight again, we will be more than fine.

i see us losing @osu, @Purdue and 1 of the @NW or @PSU games. I always have us losing to MSU, Purdue and OSU at home. They just havent shown enough to lead me to believe any different. That would leave us at 10-8 and a bubble team which is pretty accurate i think

1. Vs. Indiana-At home vs. a weak team...W
2. @OSU-One of the best teams in the country...L
3. Vs. Purdue-This game is a toss-up but it's a game we need to win. I'm going to say loss.
4. Vs. Iowa-See Indiana...W
5. @Michigan-We are better but its a road game...im going to say W but it wouldn't shock me if we lose
6. Vs. NW-Win.
7. @ Purdue-Loss
8. @Indiana-We lost in Bloomington last year but I don't think we will this year...W
9. Vs. OSU-Loss
10. Vs. Ill-They will be looking for revenge for last year. McCamey has a big night...L
11. @ Iowa-W
12. @PSU-W
13. Vs. MSU-Loss...they are better.
14. Vs. Michigan-W
15. @NW-Another road game...win
16. Vs. PSU-Win

10-8...I am going to get ripped for picking us to lose to Purdue and Ill at home but I am going with my gut and I think those will be loses...I bet one of them will be for sure. I have us winning the away games we should win but we will lose one of the games at Michigan, Indiana, PSU, or NW. We will be between 11-7 and 9-9...middle of the pack...again.

Scher215 I hope you are more right than me but i don't see us only losing 5 games...not with our poor 3 point defense and anemic offense.

13-5 (24-6 overall) is a pretty good Big Ten record. Add that in with the good PR wins and this team should be doing just fine.

I will be shocked if they go 13-5 without a big time scorer on the team, but I suppose someone could still develop...

9-9 might be a successful season. They could lose to Michigan State at home, Purdue home and away, Ohio State home and away. That is seven loses. No way they win the other remaining games, especially with Illinois and Northwestern on the schedule. 10-8 at best, 9-9 likely, 8-10 is definately possible, anything less is a cave in.

They really dug themselves a hole losing those two, I would say they are 50-50 to make the NCAA.

The top of B10 is really good this year. If the Gophers end up finishing 5th, 6th in the B10 it really as big as a deal as many posters here make it out to be. If Purdue finishes behind MSU, OSU, Minn, Wisconsin, Ill this year I wouldn't be wouldn't be too angry about it. They all great teams. There is no shame in finishing behind those team. Now if you finish below IU, Iowa, PSU, Michigan, or NW that would be a problem.

Not happy we lost the first two, but not that discouraged yet. We were right there at the end with Wisconsin but couldn't come up with the big basket or grab the key rebound to give us a chance to win. The margin of their victory was deceptive that game. MSU was at home, they had some losses but to tough teams, and they had a chance to really focus in on this game. I know I'm just a Kool-Aid drinker who is satisfied with mediocrity and is partially responsible for our current state because I'm not going ballistic over those two losses.

As our more sane posters have pointed out, the key is avoiding the bad losses, winning at least half of the toss-ups, and stealing at least one unexpected victory. Nothing I've seen suggests that those things aren't going to happen.

The top of B10 is really good this year. If the Gophers end up finishing 5th, 6th in the B10 it really as big as a deal as many posters here make it out to be. If Purdue finishes behind MSU, OSU, Minn, Wisconsin, Ill this year I wouldn't be wouldn't be too angry about it. They all great teams. There is no shame in finishing behind those team. Now if you finish below IU, Iowa, PSU, Michigan, or NW that would be a problem.
I would. Purdue is a better team than Illinois, Wisconsin, and Minnesota. But I guess that's why they play the games.

I would. Purdue is a better team than Illinois, Wisconsin, and Minnesota. But I guess that's why they play the games.

I would be disappointed if Purdue does finish below all of those teams as well, but my point is that there are a lot of very good teams in the B10. Losing to those teams and potentially finishing below them doesn't mean the Gopher's are a bad team or had a bad season.

Unless the Gophers start losing to teams they shouldn't, they will be in the Big Dance, and as we all know, there is a reason it's called March Madness.

Top Bottom