FOR THE WIN!!!!

AhliBobwa

Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/23190/texas-not-joining-pac-10

I hope this is true. This will stop the dreaded pro-esque super-conference agenda dead in its tracks for quite awhile. This is the best thing I´ve read in a long time!

The Big Ten improves while the Big 12 stayed together and got worse? This is what I´ve been hoping for! Hopefully, all the misguided nonsense about having 14 or 16 teams in our beloved Big Ten is put to rest now.

Big Ten is King.

TREMENDOUS!

The Big Ten managed to pull out a jenga block without the whole tower collapsing. This is a definite win for the conference.

Yes, this is a good thing. Funny how we have 12 teams and they have 10. I feel really good for ISU, Kansas, and Mizzou. They were really being left out in the cold with all the super conference talk. I suppose this puts any ND to B10 talk on hold for a while. Fine with me.

How do you figure the Big 12 got worse...if anything I think it strengthens the conference. Each school is doubling their TV revenue which will be reinvested into their facilities and teams all the while trimming the fat of their conference. They get rid of a bottom feeder in most sports (Colorado) and they get rid of Nebraska who is a player in football and volleyball but not much else. This makes Big 12 basketball a slam dunk the best basketball conference in the country from 1-10. Also by eliminating the 2 teams it allows them to play everyone every year and eliminate the conference title game which has knocked two teams from playing for the national championship because of upsets in that game.

How do you figure the Big 12 got worse...if anything I think it strengthens the conference. Each school is doubling their TV revenue which will be reinvested into their facilities and teams all the while trimming the fat of their conference. They get rid of a bottom feeder in most sports (Colorado) and they get rid of Nebraska who is a player in football and volleyball but not much else. This makes Big 12 basketball a slam dunk the best basketball conference in the country from 1-10. Also by eliminating the 2 teams it allows them to play everyone every year and eliminate the conference title game which has knocked two teams from playing for the national championship because of upsets in that game.

Nebraska is a player in WBB, and has been a player very recently in baseball.

This conference expansion talk has proven that Football is king above all else, so losing Nebraska is a huge blow. Especially if they are on the upswing.

As far as having the best basketball conference 1-10, that doesn't really matter if you don't have the best conference 1-4, 1-6, or 1-8 and the Big 12 doesn't. They trimmed the fat in basketball, but it isn't like they added anybody. Big East and ACC are still superior basketball leagues. It is a great day for Big 12 fans, but I think it is nuts to say it is a stronger conference without a traditional football power.

I don't understand. Why did the B10 want a 12th team (or more)?

12 teams = conference championship game = more $$$

Now the old B12 only has 10 teams = no conference championship game = less $$$

Top Bottom