FOR THE RECORD

Reaction score
Before we lose by 40 tomorrow, I just wanted to reiterate publicly the stupidity it was in scheduling USC for such a fruitless endeavor. I have argued numerous times that the logic in doing so just does not add up. There is absolutely no benefit that will be derived from the scheduling of this game. In fact, such a public humiliation will only serve to damage whatever national respect we have left (which is already virtually nil, thanks to the incompetence of Brewster).

Who called it that this clown would be back? Pretty sure it came up sometime this past week.

I does help recruiting and we love to see these powers come into tcf. However, with the state our team is in, here are the two scenarios after the game today, one of which the media will latch on to and sell:
If Gophers Lose-crickets, nobody expected anything else
If Gophers Win- my god, USC really is down, how in the hell did they win their first two games??!!

In the current reality, we lose either way, unfortunately

So who do we schedule then? South Dakota???? Duh!

Brewster has a "plan" and knocking heads with USC types are included; good or bad.

Give it up.

I would much rather see the USC of the world, than the USD of the world. I go to see the game, the atmosphere, and the band. Winning is just the hoped for end. Go Gophers!

Maybe he's Glen Mason! I think playing one good team in your non-conference schedule is not going to kill anybody. Playing USC is a good indicator in how we'll stack up against the rest of the Big Ten. Plus playing some tough games in the non conference schedule gets you ready for the Big Ten. Hopefully this game will get us ready for our first Big Ten game against the University of Chicago.

I would much rather see the USC of the world, than the USD of the world. I go to see the game, the atmosphere, and the band. Winning is just the hoped for end. Go Gophers!

Agree! This is why I am a Gopher FB fan and always will be. As far as scheduling USC, I guess be careful what you wish for. If by some miracle we win this game today the media will put a negative spin on it, but despite that it will be a major upset no matter what state the USC program is in.

Before we lose by 40 tomorrow, I just wanted to reiterate publicly the stupidity it was in scheduling USC for such a fruitless endeavor. I have argued numerous times that the logic in doing so just does not add up. There is absolutely no benefit that will be derived from the scheduling of this game. In fact, such a public humiliation will only serve to damage whatever national respect we have left (which is already virtually nil, thanks to the incompetence of Brewster).

Translation: waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh

Always look on the bright side. If we were playing someone else the game would probably be at 11 AM.

College football on Saturday AFTERNOON is the best.

Before we lose by 40 tomorrow

Ha. Classic.

Seriously, why does GopherHole let assclowns like this run amok? Honest, evaluative, critical discourse is one thing. Mindless Minnesota-bashing like this peon and his ilk engage in, especially after embarrassing losses, is quite another.

I'm guessing it is only a gag. No one could be so clueless, could they?

p.s. I know it isn't a gag.

I feel bad for the state of Texas

We have to play USC now---- before they get their own television network.

Agree! This is why I am a Gopher FB fan and always will be. As far as scheduling USC, I guess be careful what you wish for. If by some miracle we win this game today the media will put a negative spin on it, but despite that it will be a major upset no matter what state the USC program is in.

last week the Gophers lost to South Dakota. this week they aren't even 2 touchdown underdogs to Southern Cal. if they win it will not be that major of an upset no matter what type of positive spin you try to put on it.

last week the Gophers lost to South Dakota. this week they aren't even 2 touchdown underdogs to Southern Cal. if they win it will not be that major of an upset no matter what type of positive spin you try to put on it.

Ironically, after last week's lost there's no way it won't be considered a big upset. Spin away all YOU want, but unfortunately for you (and may be the program, how the hell do I know) everybody outside of Minnesota and some ass clown trolls, will be counting it as a major upset given the historic state of the program.

That's where things have now gone. Even some Gopher fans are praying for losses or they're boud and determined to downplay any win. :(

Glen Mason & Barry Alvarez both understood that the Big Ten schedule is hard enough by itself, and you don't need to go adding to it by scheduling more tough OOC games.

That said, this is a good year to have USC on the schedule. They're having a down year, we suck and have nothing to lose, so might as well take a crack at an upset. It will be a big help to recruiting, especially if we can keep the score close. At this point I just want Brewster to load the cupboard the best he can in order to give the next guy something to work with.

This is also the guy that said William Wallace should have let his wife get raped instead of taking on England.

PrivateBenjaminCheeseburger makes me gag.

I'm guessing it is only a gag. No one could be so clueless, could they?

p.s. I know it isn't a gag.

Thank God for A-hole blocking.

That worked 25 years ago

Glen Mason & Barry Alvarez both understood that the Big Ten schedule is hard enough by itself, and you don't need to go adding to it by scheduling more tough OOC games.

That said, this is a good year to have USC on the schedule. They're having a down year, we suck and have nothing to lose, so might as well take a crack at an upset. It will be a big help to recruiting, especially if we can keep the score close. At this point I just want Brewster to load the cupboard the best he can in order to give the next guy something to work with.

But did not work 20 years ago. It matters not who you play, just win. If you do not believe you can compete - give yourself a chance to win. Then we've already lost. I'm not ready to make the statement that the Gophs do not deserve a chance to compete.

But did not work 20 years ago. It matters not who you play, just win. If you do not believe you can compete - give yourself a chance to win. Then we've already lost. I'm not ready to make the statement that the Gophs do not deserve a chance to compete.
Whatever, Yoda

If Minnesota wins then it will be all over ESPN...it will be considered a *MAJOR* Upset...

Top Bottom