For all the crap we rightfully gave Maturi

From the Barn

Reaction score
There is no way what happened at Penn State would ever happen under his watch, and that should count for something.

There is no way what happened at Penn State would ever happen under his watch, and that should count for something.
It doesn't count for anything, you don't get credit and recognition for something that should never happen under any circumstances.

As Dan Patrick mentioned the other day, I'm sure the folks at Penn State aren't the only people in the world of college sports scummy enough to try and cover something like this up. I agree with you that Maturi wouldn't have let this happen, but I just think it's ridiculous that we pat people on the back for running a clean athletic program in general (and that's not meant to be a shot at you, FTB). It should be expected.

Food for thought: Before last year, who would have ever thought something like this could happen under Paterno's watch?

I apologize if these thoughts have already been expressed in the PSU thread. Haven't posted in awhile.

I'm giving credit to everyone on this board because they didn't turn themselves into thugs. I'm so proud for all of us that I'm going to get a bottle of wine to celebrate.

I have no doubt that Maturi was a good man who would not have enabled/allowed/covered up child molestation by his department. I expect he would have extended Sandusky and then fired him. He just wasn't a very good AD by some very important measures.

I have no doubt that Maturi was a good man who would not have enabled/allowed/covered up child molestation by his department. I expect he would have extended Sandusky and then fired him. He just wasn't a very good AD by some very important measures.

Haha. Thanks for the laugh. Yes the extension would have been mandatory.

The entire world covered up sexual abuse before the year 2002.

Why? It was complicated, but part of the reason was to protect the kids themselves.

We now realize more fully what awful consequences followed from this. But let's not pretend we all would've been heroes back in the day.

Top Bottom