Football Scoop: Minnesota has met with Fleck, reached out to Niumatalolo

I think they had lost 1st and 2nd stringer before playing Army. They were down to 3rd string.

Did you guys watch that game? Army should have beaten them by 28 points. They had four turnovers and still managed to beat them. Army is on the upswing. Navy? Still good but Ken N. would not be a fit. I actually thought Army's coach, Jeff Monken, would get mentioned. But I don't think he'd be a fit either. Those service Academy coaches all came from the Paul Johnson school of triple option. Not a fit here in my opinion.

Did you guys watch that game? Army should have beaten them by 28 points. They had four turnovers and still managed to beat them. Army is on the upswing. Navy? Still good but Ken N. would not be a fit. I actually thought Army's coach, Jeff Monken, would get mentioned. But I don't think he'd be a fit either. Those service Academy coaches all came from the Paul Johnson school of triple option. Not a fit here in my opinion.

I would love to see it attempted here. Much easier to recruit here to fit that system than to a passing system. Defenses would loathe coming here in late October/November and have to defend that for 60 minutes. His Navy teams have had some problems defensively, which I think he would have a great chance to improve upon recruiting here vs. at Navy. They've virtually owned Notre Dame over the past 6-8 years, had some very competitive games with Ohio St., and beaten several top 25 schools, as well as high majors as well as having several very competitive losses to power 5 teams.

Put Mclaurin under center, throw both Smith and Brooks in the backfield and bring Johnson/Howard in motion. Let's go!

Top Bottom