"Follow the money"...FBall program revenues...Athletic Dept budget...

Reaction score
in all these threads about "firing Brewster" let's not lose track of the bottom line for his bosses...JoelM/U...If Brew's W/L results keep the Bank sold out every Saturday with excited fans, the national TV coverage keeps coming and he brings in even more money with an above-average bowl game, he'll probably be with the U/GN for a very long tenure.

Football pays a lot of bills for the AD and JM's going to very loyal to a HC with results positive enough to pack in paying fans week in and week out IMHO. JM can take that to the real TCFB and look very good in the process.

I think that's plausible. The question is though if that's the attitude we want from our athletic director.

For about the fiftieth time I'll say talk of firing Brewster is grossly premature, however if he sticks around long term I hope it's because he's moving the program forward not just because he's bringing in enough returns to keep the program profitable on paper.

In my view...

big-time collegiate fb is a very important revenue producing activity at any large state university...in Minny, #1 vs BB and Hockey. If Brew can keep the fan base excited and the stadium packed plus add a decent bowl game for "topping", he's probably doing a great job re W's in most fans eyes for the U/State, even if he isn't bringing home a BT championship as often as the hyper fan-atics desire.

Top Bottom