Floyd at the State Fair?

GoldenHerbs

Reaction score
Wondering if fans will be able to get their pic taken with Floyd at the State Fair? If so where would he be located.

In years past, it's right been in the Uof M/Gopher building on Commonwealth on the east end of the fairgrounds near Snelling. Glass case, right there to almost touch.

floyd.jpg

Thanks, Ive always wanted to get a pic with Floyd. It will bring extra joy sharing the picture with my squawkeye buddies.

It'd be nice if we could act like we've been there before, just once...

Does anyone agree? I mean, its not like we won the rose bowl

Sorry Mr. Kardashian, but people take a lot of pride in those trophies and the opportunity to take a picture with them are kind of rare. It isnt like beating Iowa is like winning the Rose Bowl, but having each trophy means a lot. That is part of what makes those games mean so much.

We need to get to the point where taking a picture with them isn't rare. Oh yeah, Floyd, he's at the fair almost every year...that will be nice.

Living in Iowa makes it extra special for me, sorry Mr. Kardashian.

Mr Humphries, you gotta take down that avatar b4 your wife sees it. All that stuff goes to the grave.

If you've lost enthusiasm for Floyd, you might as well pack up all your Gophers gear and take it over to Goodwill. I have no intention of being bored with Floyd, the Axe or the Jug, no matter how many times we do or don't win them.

when we had the Jug a few years ago , they would take it out of the case every now and then.
I have a picture of it with myself and two grandkids.

I thought you meant Michael Floyd. He'll be located at the Beer Garden.

It'd be nice if we could act like we've been there before, just once...

Does anyone agree? I mean, its not like we won the rose bowl

I agree. We didn't win the Rose bowl. But we WERE on track for one of the worst years in Gopher football history until the Illinois/Iowa games. The Iowa game, sadly, WAS our bowl game (not Roses).

Also considering we beat a ranked team to bring Floyd back home, I think it's a special occasion.

Yeah, we've been there before. About 2 times in the last 10 years. That's almost like beating Iowa every other year... /sarcasm off

Yeah. I was born in '84, and I have to say that getting Floyd back was probably the greatest sporting moment of my adult life. Maybe you just had to be there, in the stadium. Though I mean, it's not as though the adult lives of Minnesotans of my generation really have a lot of great moments, unless you count "almost getting to the last round/game of the playoffs." There was just something about that team, that situation, that day that made it incredible for those in attendance. I think the fact that that can happen for fans of a 10th place team makes Big 10 football the tops.

Can't wait to go get my picture taken with Floyd.

When you've been there before, you can act like you've been there before. I've already seen the biggest ball of twine in Darwin, but I'm not going to ruin someone's first time experience. It's awesome!

Seriously, it is probably more aggravating to Iowa fans that we really care about their trophy.

When you've been there before, you can act like you've been there before. I've already seen the biggest ball of twine in Darwin, but I'm not going to ruin someone's first time experience. It's awesome!

Seriously, it is probably more aggravating to Iowa fans that we really care about their trophy.

If acting like you have been there before means losing interest, no thanks. If we won Floyd every year for a decade, I would still enjoy seeing him there at the State Fair.

when we had the Jug a few years ago , they would take it out of the case every now and then.
I have a picture of it with myself and two grandkids.

Like I said in another thread. Floyd is there in the U of M building. A U guy was sitting next to Floyd and stated that he will be out of the case from 3-4pm! Family and I grabbed a few pics for a Xmas card and got to rub Floyd for good luck!

Do you know if that includes weekends as well?

http://www.gophersports.com/genrel/082411aad.html

Get Your Picture with Goldy and the Floyd of Rosedale!
The hardest-working mascot in sports, Goldy Gopher, will be out at the U of M building Tuesday Aug. 30 and Thursday, Sept. 1 from 12-2 p.m. to take pictures and interact with fans. In addition, fans can take photos with the Floyd of Rosedale trophy daily from 3-4 p.m. (3-5 p.m. on Sunday, Aug. 28).

We had a good day at the fair. Here's my daughter expressing her appreciation for Floyd.

KissPig.jpg

Nicely done. Clearly that is a kid with smarts beyond her years.

Do you know if that includes weekends as well?

Floyd was there on Sunday, but locked in a glass case. I got a pic of myself and my five year old son standing next to the case. I think the picture turned out okay, but it would have been awesome if he'd been out.

Floyd was there on Sunday, but locked in a glass case. I got a pic of myself and my five year old son standing next to the case. I think the picture turned out okay, but it would have been awesome if he'd been out.

He was....I was there about 3:15 yesterday and he was outside of the case.

At 3PM sharp on Saturday, they took Floyd out of his case. I took some video of it. Just imagine when we have more than one trophy on display at the fair!

My son and I were able to get a picture with him about 3:30 on Saturday. I would post it, but I'm a fat tub of goo, so I won't.

We just happened walk into the U of M building at the fair at the right time on Saturday. I was dissapointed when I saw the empty case where Floyd should be but then was thrilled to see him sitting out in the open for pictures. I took a couple of pics with my kids staning with Floyd and one of me as well. Very cool!

Floyd seemed to be enjoying all the attention and he looked very much at home.

p.s. I love the fact that we play for a trophy that is referred to as "he".

Top Bottom