Flipping Danny Nelson

roadrunner

Reaction score
When I heard smooth-skating Danny committed to the Irish I was shocked. Sure his brother and the Janickes are there but his whole family and Faber and Thomas are here. C'mon Danny, do you want to be a part of Pride on Ice? Look at our 2024 recruiting class. Do you want to play with the best, or just play with the rest? Call Bob!

Last edited:

Probably a pipe dream, just like getting Hagens and Hensler.

We flipped Logan Cooley from that apostate college, why not Danny Nelson?

Bonin what's the word on Ratzlaff? Is it expected he will stay in Madison or will he try to transfer back home, and if he wants to, would Bob take him?

Bonin what's the word on Ratzlaff? Is it expected he will stay in Madison or will he try to transfer back home, and if he wants to, would Bob take him?
I don't have any inside info. I know he was a very, very good hockey player... Potential 1st/2nd round pick before he told the NHL he chose football.

I would not be surprised if he picks it back up quickly and ends up at a big school. Gophers may have a spot for him, but it might depend on what happens with Staudacher.

If he liked going to school at uw he would probably look for a spot there, too.

I don't have any inside info. I know he was a very, very good hockey player... Potential 1st/2nd round pick before he told the NHL he chose football.

I would not be surprised if he picks it back up quickly and ends up at a big school. Gophers may have a spot for him, but it might depend on what happens with Staudacher.

If he liked going to school at uw he would probably look for a spot there, too.
So next year we are looking at (in no order) on the back end:
Chesley (unlikely he's a one and done)
Mittelstadt
Thomas
Koster
Rinzel
Rud
Staudacher if he uses the extra year

No idea what he wants but I'd think we can make room for him. I'd rather have him over Staudacher. This is pure speculation on my part though, as I have zero inside info as well.

So next year we are looking at (in no order) on the back end:
Chesley (unlikely he's a one and done)
Mittelstadt
Thomas
Koster
Rinzel
Rud
Staudacher if he uses the extra year

No idea what he wants but I'd think we can make room for him. I'd rather have him over Staudacher. This is pure speculation on my part though, as I have zero inside info as well.
You missed Fish. A local kid that knows his role but is surely hoping to get more playing time next season.

If they want to take Ratzlaff, that will be tough for Staudacher who, like Fish, probably stuck around thinking the playing time would be back next season.

Last edited:

You missed Fish. A local kid that knows his role but is surely hoping to get more playing time next season.
I like Fish and he seems like a great kid but if we want to compete for championships, ideally he's not seeing a lot of ice time.

You're right though I should have put him on this list. For some reason I thought he was a senior.

Best-worst case is they use Nelson at D. I've seen him play F and D and in my opinion they'd be wasting a lot of offense with him on the blueline.

Top Bottom