Flip Dixon to the Portal :-(

MGGopher

Reaction score

Yeah he’s a guy that would probably have played a lot. Gain some and lose some that’s the way of the world now.

Disappointing. It can't be playing time related as he played a lot this year and would play a lot next year. It will be interesting to see where he ends up.

Totally agree. A backup safety from a mid tier team is getting big NIL money? I mean how much really is there
He's not a backup safety, he played a ton here and was really good. He is a 200+ guy who can tackle and cover in the slot. He was a really big part of one of the best defenses in the country.

He's not a backup safety, he played a ton here and was really good. He is a 200+ guy who can tackle and cover in the slot. He was a really big part of one of the best defenses in the country.
Sorry nickel back. Not saying he didn’t play I’m just surprised there is a huge NIL market for him if that is the case.

Don't understand this. Dixon's only other P5 offer was Syracuse. And he hasn't exactly played enough to warrant big time NIL money. There must be something else here.
He has indeed play well enough in limited time to attract big NIL money. He will start and dominate wherever he lands.

I don’t get this one at all. An open Safety spot next to Nubin next year and you leave?

He has indeed play well enough in limited time to attract big NIL money. He will start and dominate wherever he lands.

"Wherever"?

My point is that with his limited playing time....I find it hard to believe that big time NIL money is on the radar currently. And if it is....then I'd also think that there must have been some sort of tampering going on.

"Wherever"?

My point is that with his limited playing time....I find it hard to believe that big time NIL money is on the radar currently. And if it is....then I'd also think that there must have been some sort of tampering going on.
Tampering is constantly going on. No one enters the portal without at least an idea of a team wanting them.

"Wherever"?

Very likely tampering. A guy slated to start in the Big Ten probably isn't going to enter portal without solid info that he will get the money.

As to his ability, he just has big time written all over him. Many good teams would love to have him.

The thing hurting the game is not the free portal transfer. The problem is buying players and unrestrained tampering.
No way to control that though so just have to assume it's part of the new system.

wow. This one is really ominous from the perspective that anyone besides guys who transferred to your team are essentially free agents when the season is up. Even mid-level recruits that saw playing time, and could expect to start and win on the field.

Ironically, it also adds some value to getting transfers, because you know those guys have already used their free transfer and would have to weigh potential NIL offers with opportunity/$ lost by sitting out a year.

Unfortunate...top 10 defense, bunch of recent grads from same d in NFL and off he goes. If it is NIL, totally get it...hopefully we will build our own program enough to keep these players here...hard to lose young starters...we all Western Michigan today.

Top Bottom