Fleck

Reaction score
Fleck's style of play

Can someone tell me what style of play Fleck and staff will employ?

I remember when Brewster was hired he decided (first) to be a spread offense. The problem was that Mason was your classic B10 run 65 times a game, control the clock, throw only when you have to kind of thing. Needless to say that it didn't go well because the guys were just a poor fit in what Brewster wanted to do offensively. I thought that was a fairly overlooked reason why Brewster stumbled to begin with (6-7 under Mason in '06 to 1-11 under Brewster in '07).

Will our current guys "fit" into his system? I completely understand that more players than normal may choose to leave over the admin issues and some more will be asked to leave school when the EOAA thing concludes.

Did our media even ask?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can someone tell me what style of play Fleck and staff will employ?

I remember when Brewster was hired he decided (first) to be a spread offense. The problem was that Mason was your classic B10 run 65 times a game, control the clock, throw only when you have to kind of thing. Needless to say that

Similar on both sides of the ball. Easy transition for players. Doesn't ask QB to run as much, but pass more. Two solid RBs carried most the rushing load.

The do a lot of trickery and deception, hiding the ball under their skirts. [emoji41] [emoji130]

Zone-blocking scheme. That would seem to be the opposite direction of where the Gophers were heading under Claeys and Miller. I wonder how that impacts the profile for the type of O-Linemen they will try to recruit.

My big takeaway from the article is that they try to use shifts and formations to isolate play-makers and hit the weak point of the defense. Of course, you could say the same thing about a lot of teams.

But the big question remains - what happens to RUTM?

Top Bottom