Fleck will win and, YES, we can keep him here long term.

If he does leave and go somewhere else I dont think Its a bad thing. It means he was doing a good job.

From the first post: "...They are young, passionate recruiters that DO NOT appear to have deep moral flaws and they can learn the rest..."

Coach Claeys may in the end not have the full skillset, knowledge, or both, to be an effective HC but I see no evidence of "deep moral flaws" with him or his coaches.

He can be blamed for many other things but that is a reach.

If he does leave and go somewhere else I dont think Its a bad thing. It means he was doing a good job.

I agree. He would have to do quite well to get an offer from a program that is going to be considered a real upgrade and that will pay him more than $3.5 million a year. If we do well enough for that to happen, so be it, it would have been fun. At the same time if he is doing that well here that means he is having high level success and might not feel the need to leave.

Poor P Ruesse - doesnt like Fleck hire (or has doubts) He probably is miffed that Gopher hoops and football are the much bigger stories than their pro counterparts - most of the twin city media wont know what to do!!!

Um, write stories about sports and sell advertising?

The most base difference between Minnesota and WMU is that you can reach the top here. The way major college football is set up and funded means that about 50 schools have a shot at the top rungs of the sport. Some are easier than others but Minnesota has a seat at that table.

By the hypothetical time he would be poached, he would already probably be sitting on top of a 10+ win B1G program with a top salary and resources. At that point why leave? It's then become a destination job.

Coaches could always leave. But they aren't obligated to leave a B1G school to reach their dreams like they must in the MAC.

Unless your boss is a morally challenged jackwagon who lacks integrity, his boss is a spineless simpering idiot, the press try to pull you down if you get to big for things like winning a conf championship, your "fans" disparage any win they don't deem relevant (WSU sucks you know) and another school offers you more money and a culture that will actually embrace success, that is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom