Fleck signing day presser video, radio show links

Few things I heard that were interesting to me:

Fleck is incredibly knowledgeable about each player and their life/family. Not that big of a surprise but really cool to see him genuinely learn/remember things like that.

Mentions the WR class and says they’ve brought in X many guys “so far

Compares Daniels to Ersery level of athleticism

States multiple times he thinks some freshman can help next season

Nuke averaged 20 yards per catch the last two years

Henderson was nicknamed the assassin at his previous school

Loosely compares Lanier to Bateman

Lanier and McWilliams are first two gopher WRs to be in All-American bowl (ever?)

Menz has “Coughlin type body”

Randle is “one of the biggest sleepers” / “like trill carter but longer”

Shikenjanski averaged +28 ppg in basketball

“The QBs are really excited about what we are bringing in”

Viotto used to routinely drive from Canada to MI to get QB lessons

PJ asks the recruits commit to “all of us”, the school, all coaches, fans, the state

Mentions T. Nelson and Beers having “phenomenal freshmen year”, they are “starting to kick some butt”

Rossi/Fleck: “those young LBs are gonna be dudes”

“Lindenberg might be the best LB we have ever coached by the time he’s done, ever”

More HS kids dream of being gophers than any PJ year prior

Still looking for Corner/OL and maybe DL in the portal

Last edited:

For those wondering why no O-line transfers yet:

Mentions T. Nelson and Beers having “phenomenal freshmen year”, they are “starting to kick some butt”

For those wondering why no O-line transfers yet:

Fleck is really high on the kids that redshirted this year on both sides of the ball.

Shikenjanski scored 47 last night in a win over Mahtomedi.

Daniels looks like the kids from Stillwater, MN that is going to Princeton. Athlete with a late start in FB. High ceiling.

That part about in-state is huge for Fleck and the value of having a coach going into year 7. Kids and families know the program, have seen the program, and want to be part of the program.

Fleck is incredibly knowledgeable about each player and their life/family. Not that big of a surprise but really cool to see him genuinely learn/remember things like that.

Lanier and McWilliams are first two gopher WRs to be in All-American bowl (ever?)

PJ asks the recruits commit to “all of us”, the school, all coaches, fans, the state

“Lindenberg might be the best LB we have ever coached by the time he’s done, ever”

Inject this hype straight into my veins please!!!

Thank you Gopher Devil. A couple of things I really l liked about the presser is PJ's ability to connect and make relationships with the player and their family. Really big for a program, as PJ stated, that does not have a lot of NIL to offer.
The other is getting the Shikenjaski kid to to sign. I have zero knowledge on his ability but, anytime you get the son of a former Gopher athlete to RTB speaks volumes for the direction of the program.

To his credit, Coach gets more out of his players. Look at performance and recruiting rank and he gets more. It's like yards after catch.

It's funny to hear people refer to PJ as a used car salesman or egotistical...when yoy listen to him speak, he's so insightful and gives you depth. Of course you're going to get some of his mantras but you can learn a lot if you actually listen to him.

I enjoy PJs pressers.
I love the dude. He's brought us so much joy since he's come here. He has us pissed off about 8 win seasons for God's sake!

I hope he continues to develop as a coach and stays here forever. I'll take 8-4 with an occasional 10-11 win season for the rest of my life considering where the program has been since the 60s (not withstanding a few Mason years). CFB is going to get really weird once the B1G and SEC form superconferences and I think we've got the right guy for Minnesota at the helm.

To his credit, Coach gets more out of his players. Look at performance and recruiting rank and he gets more. It's like yards after catch.
Just imagine if he could pair that development with being able to recruit more talented players

Top Bottom