Fleck said somebody told him he would never sell out the stadium when he was hired at Minnesota.

PJ is just beating his chest and putting himself in the spotlight as the all-time savior of MN football at the start of what may be a difficult season.

People on here are skeptical about somebody trolling or taking a shot at Fleck?😆

PJ is just beating his chest and putting himself in the spotlight as the all-time savior of MN football at the start of what may be a difficult season.
He has difficult conversations for breakfast so a difficult season shouldn't be a problem.

We don't know when this alleged statement happened. Perhaps it was after the 2018 season, which marked the 3rd straight year with no sellouts after the seat donation increase went into effect. It was also the second year of PJ's coaching career here.

If someone didn't think he'd be successful in winning here at minnesota, and surmised his "novelty" had also worn off, I could see someone saying he'd never have a sellout game....

We don't know when this alleged statement happened. Perhaps it was after the 2018 season, which marked the 3rd straight year with no sellouts after the seat donation increase went into effect. It was also the second year of PJ's coaching career here.

If someone didn't think he'd be successful in winning here at minnesota, and surmised his "novelty" had also worn off, I could see someone saying he'd never have a sellout game....
Like Plato?

Leave it to PJ Fleck. He is a constant promoter of Gopher Football. He is an optimistic spin doctor bar none.

Fleck excited for sellout

The Gophers on Thursday announced that the opener against Nebraska will be a sellout at Huntington Bank Stadium, which holds 50,805. Fleck welcomed the news.

"It just shows where we're headed and where we've come as a program," he said. "There were times when I first got here that I was told, 'You'll never sell that place out.' I took that as a personal challenge."

The Gophers' last sellout came against Ohio State in the 2021 season opener with a crowd of 50,805. The largest home crowds in Fleck's time as coach were 53,756 against Wisconsin and 51,833 against Penn State, both in 2019.

Go Gophers!!

You must have read the OP incorrectly. Fleck never said the games would not sell out. Let me help you:

"He (Fleck) mentions how somebody (meaning someone else) told him he would never sell out the stadium when he was hired at Minnesota."
Umm, he's referring to Fleck's quote...which you again provided...nothing to misunderstand.

It’s nice they sold it out and I’m looking forward to a great atmosphere. It is slightly embarrassing that there have been so few sellouts over the past 5-6 years. Not like it’s an 80k seater. Hopefully the sellout trend can continue

It’s nice they sold it out and I’m looking forward to a great atmosphere. It is slightly embarrassing that there have been so few sellouts over the past 5-6 years. Not like it’s an 80k seater. Hopefully the sellout trend can continue
Maybe they get a ton of money out of the premium seating and as far as money goes it was a good decision to jack the prices up. However, that Jerry Kill season when the stadium was rocking was a lot of fun. I hope we can keep butts in the seats this year. If we lose to the Huskers or lose to UNC there will be no hype and there will be empty seats. It is nice to get Michigan and Becky at home. It is so fun to go to a game whem the stadium is packed with Gopher fans and the student section is crazy.

Historically, even though he generally wins the games other than Bowling Green, the nonconference non Power 5 games have been unwatchable with PJ running the same 2-3 plays up the middle 55 times. That doesn’t help put folks in the seats.

Historically, even though he generally wins the games other than Bowling Green, the nonconference non Power 5 games have been unwatchable with PJ running the same 2-3 plays up the middle 55 times. That doesn’t help put folks in the seats.
You, sir, are a true moron. Why do you watch a game with a 4th grade knowledge of the game?

Wait....oh yeah, you're a Husker fan. Aint' the 80's anymore.

It's not Madison. There aren't as many folks with nothing else to do but drink and post. Other things to do.

Fleck is not afraid of raising expectations. A sell out is going to be an electric atmosphere.

It could also be a response to PJ and his comment we needed to make plans to expand seating capacity with another deck of seats because of the coming success.

Biggest crowd measurement:

1. How earlier do students show up?
2. How far up in the second deck does the student section spill over?
3. How long do they stay after halftime?

Top Bottom