Fleck on Mo: "I am honored to coach that kid. The hardest part about this is that this is the last 36 hours I have with him.”

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Per Randy:

"I'm willing to do whatever to help this team win,'' said Ibrahim, who has played 40 career games to Thompson's 44. "I let it be known. That's a big reason why I came back. I understood what we wanted to accomplish as a team. You always asked me how many carries it takes — it don't matter. I'm gonna keep fighting for my team.''

Knowing that Ibrahim's career with the Gophers is about to end, coach P.J. Fleck reflected on what Ibrahim has meant to him.

"I am honored to coach that kid,'' Fleck said. "... The hardest part about this is that this is the last 36 hours I have with him. And that's really difficult.''

Go Gophers!!

I really don't think this has been given the national coverage it deserves.

the guy had an achilles tendon injury last year.

an injury that traditionally has been a career ender - or at least a career changer for RB's.

and he comes back the following year to have potentially the best season in school history.

if a RB from Bama, Clemson, OSU, Michigan or Georgia did this, ESPN would be running stories about it 24/7.

this is legitimately an historic season.

an injury that traditionally has been a career ender - or at least a career changer for RB's.

and he comes back the following year to have potentially the best season in school history.

if a RB from Bama, Clemson, OSU, Michigan or Georgia did this, ESPN would be running stories about it 24/7.

Agreed. Sometimes we look too hard for unintended slights but the minimal national attention on Mo has been a huge oversight.

Does it make sense that Thompson does not get credit for 136 yards in the 1986 Liberty Bowl but Mo gets credit for his multiple bowl games? Might be nice if Mo got 195 yards so we don’t need an asterisk. Glad I got to watch both of them.

Does it make sense that Thompson does not get credit for 136 yards in the 1986 Liberty Bowl but Mo gets credit for his multiple bowl games? Might be nice if Mo got 195 yards so we don’t need an asterisk. Glad I got to watch both of them.

Where are you seeing that? According to Gophersports, I'm pretty sure Thompson's stats included his bowl game.

The thing I've rather frequently gone over in my brain this year is that Mo is a generational talent for us at RB and it might be decades before we see someone with his capabilities again. I was never blown away by what Mo did be because he always seemed to lack that home-run explosiveness that really gets people excited, but time and again, when we needed x number of yards he'd get x+1, or when he was smothered attacking the line all of a sudden he'd squirt out the other side and tack on an extra five or ten yards because his vision and power are extraordinary. I feel like I've really taken for granted what he's been for this program, and I really appreciate his contribution to the success of the program since he's been here. Thanks Mo, you're one of the best and I'm happy to have had the privilege to watch you leave it all on the field week in and week out.

He proved some of us wrong (I was doubtful) coming back from injury with a phenomenal year. He’s spoiled us. He always brought his own blocker or two. So many great runs. Inspirational player.

Easy kid to root for. His future career will be fun to follow.

AMEN!!

Top Bottom