Fleck doesn't think last year's fair catch fiasco adds any juice to Iowa showdown

I don't think he was comparing North Carolina to Iowa. I think he was comparing the Iowa 2024 game vs. the Iowa 2023 game, etc. I think just the fact that it is Iowa vs. Minnesota, Floyd of Rosedale, National TV, etc adds all the juice you need. The whole return and invalid fair catch call is a chapter of the rivalry and maybe adds a little juice, but I would be surprised if that is the focal point of the Iowa team and staff. Maybe I am wrong... Ferentz can be pretty petty at time so maybe it is?

While I agree with you that Iowa thinks they got screwed and not happy, but I don't think because of that they are any more fired than they would be if they lost 21-10 last year.
Yeah....the Iowa players are going to be fired up because it is Minnesota and they don't ever want to lose to Minnesota.....I'm sure the guys who were on the team last year are pissed about that game but it won't make them any more or less motivated to win this year because they want to win this matchup and get/keep Floyd.

Same goes for Minnesota players. Last year isn't going to motivate them any more or less for this year because they always want to beat Iowa and get/keep Floyd.

It is a key rivalry for both teams.....if the players need extra juice to get them fired up for this one than they shouldn't be playing college football.

We should be pissed that they keep complaining about a play Iowa screwed up. We have not beaten Iowa 2 in a row since 2010 and 2011. Time to change that trend.

We should be pissed that they keep complaining about a play Iowa screwed up. We have not beaten Iowa 2 in a row since 2010 and 2011. Time to change that trend.
Crazy to think the last back to back was with interim and 1st year coaches.

I don't think he was comparing North Carolina to Iowa. I think he was comparing the Iowa 2024 game vs. the Iowa 2023 game, etc. I think just the fact that it is Iowa vs. Minnesota, Floyd of Rosedale, National TV, etc adds all the juice you need. The whole return and invalid fair catch call is a chapter of the rivalry and maybe adds a little juice, but I would be surprised if that is the focal point of the Iowa team and staff. Maybe I am wrong... Ferentz can be pretty petty at time so maybe it is?

While I agree with you that Iowa thinks they got screwed and not happy, but I don't think because of that they are any more fired than they would be if they lost 21-10 last year.
Last year was the first time they lost to PJ. These guys have been carrying that around for a year
I agree ... how or the score doesn't matter....they lost....that's enough to piss em off.

You seem to be really hung up on this whole momentum issue, despite the fact that there's no evidence of the concept of "momentum" in football games.

And even if it is a real thing I'm not sure what the benefit would be of having the players and coaches buy into this idea.
It's also not a PJ thing. There are tons of coaches from high school to the pros, in many sports, that preach 1-0.

Top Bottom