Fitz on Gophers

TOP is a popular cuisine. It will be served by popular demand to the Wildcats.

I am in awe when the Gopher line up seven or eight beefcakes. You have to be tired by just looking at massive bulls as a defender all game long.

Last edited:

TOP is a popular cuisine. It will be served by popular demand to the Wildcats.

I am in awe when the Gopher line up seven or eight beefcakes. You have to be tired by just looking at massive bulls as a defender all game long.
I would think this would get especially tiring for a defense like Northwestern where the D-line recruiting talent probably isn't as deep.

Still confuses me why we couldn't do anything against BG.

Seriously concerned about this game if only for that guy named Fitz…he tends to get the competitive juices flowing against PJ, both are super hyper, incredibly prideful dudes. In 2019 when NW was way overmatched( like this yr) Fitz was fighting for that last yard etc. Gophs should win going away, but of course we already know what can happen as long time Maroon & Gold watchers.

I would think this would get especially tiring for a defense like Northwestern where the D-line recruiting talent probably isn't as deep.

Still confuses me why we couldn't do anything against BG.
The Gophers were euphoric after shutting out Colorado and were sky-high. They took BGSU a lot less seriously. Prognosticators favor the Gophers by a mile.

They seem confused and unprepared for BGSU. Then, PJ Fleck made a couple of poor decisions that cost them the game. Sandford Jr shares a huge part of the blame for the poor offense. They got caught off-guard plain and simple.

Losing to BGSU early in the season is a blessing and a costly one. This may have end-up helping the Gophers re-focus.

Seriously concerned about this game if only for that guy named Fitz…he tends to get the competitive juices flowing against PJ, both are super hyper, incredibly prideful dudes. In 2019 when NW was way overmatched( like this yr) Fitz was fighting for that last yard etc. Gophs should win going away, but of course we already know what can happen as long time Maroon & Gold watchers.
Both Illinois homegrown too

Respectively disagree. Michigan should have been up by at least 17 at half. They ran something like 53 plays to NU 19 in the 1st half. NU got the 1 big run but other than that, almost nothing on offense. Michigan, if I remember right, also left some points on the board at the end of the half.
That said, it will not be easy at NU and I think Fitz is setting us up talking about how good we are. I expect a battle and hopefully we pull away in the 2nd half.
Yep Fitz is known for sandbagging pre-game.

Top Bottom