Fisch visits Vikings practice....Vikings' offense collapses.

LOL

Lame. But very funny.

30 points, including a clutch drive to tie it with less than 20 seconds left. Not too bad, really. The defense lost this game. Sounds like the same kind of panic we see during Gopher games ... and seasons.

The Vikes offensive line lost this game. They have been playing very poor the past couple of games. AP needs to hang onto the ball also.

One could say that the kick off coverage team also had something to do with this loss.

I'll go with extra point kicking as the cause for the loss. ;)

Cost the game:

1. O-line
2. Holder on missed XP
3. Peterson fumble
4. Brutal coverage by secondary

30 points, including a clutch drive to tie it with less than 20 seconds left. Not too bad, really. The defense lost this game. Sounds like the same kind of panic we see during Gopher games ... and seasons.

more than defense the SPECIAL TEAMS blew this game

maybe chilli and bevel took one too many pointers from Fisch :rolleyes:

I'm pinning this loss on Weber

...along with Brewster's playcalling.

Cost the game:

1. O-line
2. Holder on missed XP
3. Peterson fumble
4. Brutal coverage by secondary

Hmmm, I don't see Chilly's stubbornness on on that list but needs to be. He came out in this game and ran the ball 3 times. It was an obvious "F You Favre, I'm going to call it my way" move. Favre obliged. Not 1 pass in the first 2.5 quarters went downfield more than 10 yards. It was classic Chilly ball-control offense and it sucked. The Vikes played Favre-ball in the 2nd half and rattled off 30 points.

Hmmm, I don't see Chilly's stubbornness on on that list but needs to be. He came out in this game and ran the ball 3 times. It was an obvious "F You Favre, I'm going to call it my way" move. Favre obliged. Not 1 pass in the first 2.5 quarters went downfield more than 10 yards. It was classic Chilly ball-control offense and it sucked. The Vikes played Favre-ball in the 2nd half and rattled off 30 points.

Agree Greek. Once Favre layed his game MN dominated...

Childress and his WI-style "smashmouth" emphasis...the guy is just not a bonafide head coach at this level. We appear to be stuck with him for years to come, too. I hope he has some sort of epiphany before it's too late. I'm not holding my breath.

Chilly has praised himself on his stubbornness. But a coach has to make decisions that gives his team the best chance to win the game, not base coaching decisions to establish himself as the alpha male. Attempting to grind the ball out wasn't working. He should have used the talent available and let Farve do what he does best. If they would have did that in the first half, the Vikings would have won.

Of course the defense broke and special teams broke down a lot. I remember one key third down where there were 3 Vikings who had the runnign back for a loss, and he just got away from the whole pack. I remember the days when the Vikings had great special teams, when they had players who didn't play all that much on offense or defense, but shined at special teams. Perhaps they players don't consider special teams all that important? But a coach has to make players think its important, and if they don't, find someone else to play there.

One thing that bugs the crap out of me is when players only use their shoulders to make tackles, and the receiver just bounces off and goes for a long gain. People have both arms and shoulders! I think highlight reels give too much emphasis on blasting someone down with just their shoulders.

Did Favre throw the ball more than 8 yards down field the whole first half?

More Chester please.

Blankley is a huge liability, especially in the passing game.

Winfield got abused in the passing game last night.

Herrera is playing baaaaaad.

Evans is on the Where Are They Now? list. Kevin W. is right behind him.

Lieber is playing great.

I can't believe I'm writing this.

?????

How many of you actually watched the game?

O-Line, Childress, defense, Peterson cited as reasons for the loss?

The above-mentioned may not have been superstars but this game was all on Special Teams, plain and simple.

Bears played with a short field all frickin' night. Period.

Vikings had considerably more yardage, more first downs, owned the time of possession battle; Peterson had almost 100 yards rushing and Favre had over 320 yards passing. That tells you the O-line lost the game?

The last 3 Viking losses have been on the road, and in prime time as opposed to typical Sunday afternoon games. They'll finish the season 12-4.

The Vikings' postseason fate rests squarely on what happens in Dallas next Sunday. Hopefully the Cowboys can win and give the Vikes the first round bye that they desperately need.

Top Bottom