Fisch Leaving

gold04

Reaction score
If Fisch leaves we need to hire Mike Hohensee as our offensive coordinator.

I Hate

misleading headlines like that. Its happens too often.

give it up

Mike Hohensee is not coming, he would suck, he is an arena football coach, he would be a terrible hire.

Maybe Dungy will be our OC...:horse:

If Fisch leaves we need to hire Mike Hohensee as our offensive coordinator.

Hohensee.

:horse:

Never.

Ever.

Maybe the guy beating the dead horse is dead, too. gold4 is a zombie...:horse:

Mike Hohensee is not coming, he would suck, he is an arena football coach, he would be a terrible hire.

Kurt Warner, he would suck, he is an arena football quarterback, he would be a terrible player.

Sorry...couldn't help myself. He may be great, he may suck, but his affiliation with arena football doesn't equate to failure...

Kurt Warner, he would suck, he is an arena football quarterback, he would be a terrible player.

Sorry...couldn't help myself. He may be great, he may suck, but his affiliation with arena football doesn't equate to failure...

Coaching arena and playing arena are different. And I was not equating his coaching arena football to to the reason he would suck. Notice the periods. I was stating he sucks. I was stating he is an arena football coach. He is not a BCS coach

Name 3 other players (out of hundreds that have played arena ball) who have been successful in the NFL. Just 3.

I don't know a darn thing about this Hohensee guy, but maybe we need to think about hiring someone (if Fisch leaves, of course) of this ilk. A no-name with definite ties to the university. It seems like everyone we hire may is such a hot commodity that they only view the Gophers as a stepping stone. Let's find someone who sees the Gophers as a lifelong dream.

I don't know a darn thing about this Hohensee guy, but maybe we need to think about hiring someone (if Fisch leaves, of course) of this ilk. A no-name with definite ties to the university. It seems like everyone we hire may is such a hot commodity that they only view the Gophers as a stepping stone. Let's find someone who sees the Gophers as a lifelong dream.

F the lifelong dream. If we must, I want them to find someone who can coach the "O" at the college level. That's my problem with Fisch. I think he made things too complex and too "NFL". It's why the NFL guys still like him. They think his stuff will work at that level. He hasn't shown he can adapt it to the college game yet.

I'm not saying flash or killer shots would be required. But dreaming of the U is only great if the guy can coach college kids and help them improve. It should not be the #1 criteria.

Misleading thread title is misleading.

Oronde Gadsden, Jay Feely, Rob Bironas, Paul Justin.

David Patten, Mike Furrey, Antonio Chatman

Kickers don't count. Not bad stats for these guys, but how many guys play in the NFL every year???

Gadsden 74 games 227 catches for 3252 yds 22 TDs
Justin 34 games 222-380 2614 yds 8 TDs 10 int
Patten 147 games 324 catches for 4715 yds 24 TDs
Furrey 93 games 221 catches for 2298 yards 7 TDs
Chatman 74 games 157 catches for 1207 yds 1 TD

FYI Mike Vaderjagt kicked for the Fighting Pike...

We obviously have different definitions of "successful".

I suppose we do.

Obviously, they aren't all going to be Kurt Warner, who someday will be in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Patten hung around in the NFL for 10+ seasons, had 300+ career receptions, caught a pass in the Super Bowl to help the Patriots win their first one, etc. One of only a few players to run, catch, and throw a TD in the same game. I'd call that successful.

Furrey led the NFC in receptions in 2006 with 98 catches for over 1000 yards and 6 TDs. That's not too shabby. He's had an interesting career, playing as a WR, then a safety, then a WR, then a safety again. He's earned about $10 million in his NFL career, so I think I'd call him successful.

Chatman hasn't done much, although he managed to stay in the league for about 6-7 years, he's got a couple returns for TDs, etc.

Coaching arena and playing arena are different. And I was not equating his coaching arena football to to the reason he would suck. Notice the periods. I was stating he sucks. I was stating he is an arena football coach. He is not a BCS coach

No, I actually don't see the periods in your original post. I see several commas and one period.

There are former players from Arena Football that went on to become successful college and NFL coaches - Bret Bielman (U Wisconsin - you may not like him, but he's doing OK), Sean Payton (N.O. Saints head coach) are two I found with a 10 minute internet search. Why does he suck? Can you clarify?

regardless of who they hire, IF Fisch leaves, they must stop the continuous revolving coordinator door that has been going on at the U. Too many 1 and done's to provide any sort of cohesiveness to the program.

No, I actually don't see the periods in your original post. I see several commas and one period.

There are former players from Arena Football that went on to become successful college and NFL coaches - Bret Bielman (U Wisconsin - you may not like him, but he's doing OK), Sean Payton (N.O. Saints head coach) are two I found with a 10 minute internet search. Why does he suck? Can you clarify?
Bret Bielman?

If Fisch leaves I like Chris Meidt for OC. He has enough NFL exposure to understand what Fisch was trying to do, as a former college level HC, he knows what to expect from college atheletes. I think he just might be uniquely qualified to make our offense work without doing a total overhaul.

There's no training camp for coaches. If you invite an Arena League player to your training camp, either he'll make the team or he won't. If he makes the team, either he will be a starter or he won't.

It would make more sense to hire a coach from the CFL than to hire an Arena League coach, as Canadian football is far similar to American Football.

If Fisch leaves I like Chris Meidt for OC. He has enough NFL exposure to understand what Fisch was trying to do, as a former college level HC, he knows what to expect from college atheletes. I think he just might be uniquely qualified to make our offense work without doing a total overhaul.

I'd be all for this if Fisch were to leave for the NFL.

Top Bottom