Fisch article

I was just googling for Fisch info and it brought me to this message board. So as I Gopher fan, I decided to sign up and I was also going to post my article in this thread,. It is cool to see Ahlibobwa already did. Thanks for that! Nice to see we have the same ideas.

Staying another year or not, he's on his way out -- do we want the disruption now or later?

$450K Salary?

Where did he get the $450K number for Fisch? That seems very high for an OC with no previous coordinator experience, at a program where the perception is assistant coaches are very low paid. According to http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/2009-coaches-contracts-database.htm Fisch tops out at about $250K. If it were $450K he would be in the top 10 of all assistant coaches for which USA Today had data!

Where did he get the $450K number for Fisch? That seems very high for an OC with no previous coordinator experience, at a program where the perception is assistant coaches are very low paid. According to http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/2009-coaches-contracts-database.htm Fisch tops out at about $250K. If it were $450K he would be in the top 10 of all assistant coaches for which USA Today had data!

As reported in the Star Tribute when he was signed, Fisch's two year contract called for $200,000 in year one, a $125,000 bonus due in March of the second year and $325,000 for year two. In reality, this kind of money is not top 10. Roof left here because he was offered $650,000 to be DC at Auburn. Salaries are going crazy.

As reported in the Star Tribute when he was signed, Fisch's two year contract called for $200,000 in year one, a $125,000 bonus due in March of the second year and $325,000 for year two. In reality, this kind of money is not top 10. Roof left here because he was offered $650,000 to be DC at Auburn. Salaries are going crazy.

Is that what Roof ended up getting at Auburn? That's more than double what the Gophers were paying him ($300,000).

Is that what Roof ended up getting at Auburn? That's more than double what the Gophers were paying him ($300,000).

I thought we were paying him $350,000 (supposedly he was the highest paid DC in the BT at the time) and Auburn upped that to $650,000.

I thought we were paying him $350,000 (supposedly he was the highest paid DC in the BT at the time) and Auburn upped that to $650,000.

HG, you're correct:

Roof's Wiki states this:
On January 6, 2009, Coach Roof was hired as the Defensive Coordinator for the Auburn Tigers by first year head coach Gene Chizik. Roof had just finished one season in a three-year contract at Minnesota reportedly worth $350,000 a year.[5] His salary at Auburn will be $370,000.

If these figures are correct, he received a $20,000 raise to coach at Auburn, which suggests he didn't leave just for the money.

I also looked up Everett Withers salary and it was $330,000 at Minnesota. He also took a slight raise to go to North Carolina.

Roof left because he could go to Auburn. Withers left because he could go to North Carolina. They left because they were at Minnesota. We need to improve ourselves from a very temporary passing through place to a passing through place.

Top Bottom