First trip to the barn in 10 years

Lincoln gopher

Reaction score
I was able to make the trip to Minneapolis from Lincoln to see the Gophers play a home game for the first time in 10 years. I have seen them play in person 2 or 3 away games during that stretch. The first half sat in the top row under the basket in section 101, second half moved down to the 10th row in the corner. I must say, I was giddy. I know the ticket prices are high and non conference schedule is not great, but for those of us who don't have the opportunity to see games on a regular basis, I would trade places with any one who has season tickets. It brought back some great memories from when I did have the opportunity to go to games on a regular basis. Good atomsphere the second half, great finish. DJ and Al are the glue, so much depth, seems like a different player steps up each game. Busch played some great D in the second half and he an DJ shut down Wittman. Hope Blake is OK. Had a scare in the second half when Colton went down akwardly, but was OK. Had a great time and hope I don't have to wait 10 years to do it again.

I'm happy that yesterday was the day you came. I don't want to start another "Is the Barn back?" debate, but in the second half, the noise and the intensity began to creep to the levels of 10 years ago when the boys were coming off the Final Four run that never happened.

Thats the loudest I've hear the place for a non "big game" in years, maybe back to Clem.

I know the ticket prices are high and non conference schedule is not great, but for those of us who don't have the opportunity to see games on a regular basis, I would trade places with any one who has season tickets.
Lincoln Gopher - I think many of us forget this at times. When something like this is in your backyard, you may have the tendency to take it for granted. I know it sounds silly, but people always ask me if I'd consider moving away from Minneapolis - there are a lot of other great cities to live in, but I honestly think I'd die without Gopher hoops. The only way I'd go, right now, is if some company gave me such an insane amount of money, that I could fly back for all 20 or so home games!

One of my friends texted me about the game yesterday, he lives in Orlando, and made some snide comment on how it only got up to 78 degrees there yesterday. I was like - good for you, it's cold and snowing here, but I just go to go to The Barn, I wouldn't change places with him for anything! Yesterday's 2nd half was one of the best halves I have seen in a long time, and the most fun I've had at the Barn in a long time as well. Glad you could make it for this game!

Top Bottom