First shutout for the Gophers since . . .?

Taji34

Reaction score
When was the last time we secured a shutout?

So glad the D was able to keep the shutout....they absolutely deserved it with that performance.

I would actually be interested to know when the last time was where we held a team under 100 yards. 63 yards allowed is unreal, especially on the road and against a power 5 opponent.

No one could have predicted that defensive effort after what we have seen to this point. Hopefully they figured something out and are ready to take off moving forward.

Cannot remember the last time I felt sorry for the opposing coach. Hope Dorrell is renting. This could end badly for him.

A week ago, when Colorado fought Texas A&M to a standstill, Dorrell was widely considered a young up-and-comer.

Now we're... feeling sorry for him?

Wow. We sure see lots of hair-trigger, knee-jerk reactions in the college football world.

The Gophers were narrow favorites according to VegasInsider, and slight underdogs according to most of the other sports books, I think.

I wonder when, if ever, was the last time a Gopher defense held a favored opponent — on the road — to 0 points and 63 yards or less?

How about the last time the Gophers held a P5 team to -19 yards rushing?

More impressive firsts for the Fleck regime... and they happen to be on defense!

A week ago, when Colorado fought Texas A&M to a standstill, Dorrell was widely considered a young up-and-comer.

Now we're... feeling sorry for him?

Wow. We sure see lots of hair-trigger, knee-jerk reactions in the college football world.
The dude is almost 60 and was a HC at UCLA almost 20 years ago. No one who has any clue who he is thought of him as a "young up-and-comer".

The first shutout against a Pac-10/12 opponent on the road since 1948, when they beat Washington 20-0.

Yep, back when his close personal friend, Bud Grant, was playing for the Gophers.
Don't want to mess up the tread topic, but yes Bud must have been on that team. I cannot find a roster to prove it but the year aligns.

I was worried about this game and am a bit too giddy with the blowout/shutout win.

Top Bottom