First half officiating was horrible

We're Comin'

Reaction score
Just watched the game, ridiculous no calls the whole first half. Two fouls on Becky. Touch fouls on the Gophers. Unbelievable. Between the refs and the pro Becky announcers I hate the Big Ten sometimes.

But you are okay with the 2nd half????

Just watched the game, ridiculous no calls the whole first half. Two fouls on Becky. Touch fouls on the Gophers. Unbelievable. Between the refs and the pro Becky announcers I hate the Big Ten sometimes.

The refs were garbage. Have you ever seen an offensive foul shooting a three? Andre's shooting style is split legged.
It's not illegal. If he was more up and down legs together, when the opponent pulls your wrist to push you off balance your leg is going to naturally compensate for balance and move out. It was no where near Sam Mitchell like. Absolutely ridiculous.
Andre's leg is after the guy fouls him. Just no way to even come close to justifying that call.

It was one among dozens of bs calls throughout the game.

The refs did not cost us the game but they made it very unenjoyable along with the announcers.

My gosh, we miss a lot of free throws.

When you get your arse kicked by 26 points our team should shut up, shake hands and get to the bus as quick as possible.

Stop them it is D-1 sports. Gophers played 2 against 5. King and Mattheiu were the only two who showed up.

Benchwarmers shooting threes is what people are worried about? How about Brust handing Dre his lunch and dinner.

When you get your arse kicked by 26 points our team should shut up, shake hands and get to the bus as quick as possible.

Stop them it is D-1 sports. Gophers played 2 against 5. King and Mattheiu were the only two who showed up.

Benchwarmers shooting threes is what people are worried about? How about Brust handing Dre his lunch and dinner.

You gonna get off you ****in soapbox now, heard you the first time bra? Guess what no one wants to hear your **** either!

Amen, brother! Yes, it was a bad call on Dre Hollins' three point attempt. What's the excuse for the other 23 points of the final margin?

This is what frequently happens when a team that is ranked somewhere between 40th and 60th plays a team that is in the top ten during a postseason tournament on a neutral court. What is difficult for some people to understand? They're really good. We're not. If we played them in a five game series, we likely wouldn't see a fifth game.

Some fouls were bad. The call of a foul on Andre during his three pointer was infuriating. But none of that mattered. We got our ass handed to us and neither Hollins showed up to play

Even with sub-par officiating the Gophers couldn't buy a shot. How many fast break attempts did MN have and not convert. It was pitiful.

Lets be honest and call a spade a spade. The officiating did not provide a level playing field. Not sure how it would have played out had the Gophers played a decent game, but I'm disgusted by the way the game was called.

I'm not a blame-the-refs guy, but it's really hard to believe that only 2 fouls were called on a team in an entire half of a Big Ten game. I'll leave it at that.

The Gophs got their tails kicked, fell asleep on D numerous times and were out of sorts on offense. I would just like someone to explain to me what kind of an advantage an offensive player could possibly gain by kicking his feet out while attempting a jump shot.

Young Richard should have taken a technical in the first half to get the officials attention. At least 3 body fouls were
committed on little Dre. I also agree that the refs didn't cost us the game, but we didn't get the calls early and then when the game was out of reach they made a few makeup calls. This is what happens when you have doctors, lawyers, and other high ranking professional people officiating. Most of them are old, fat , and slow. With the money the NCAA makes they should make it attractive for X college players to take up officiating. It is the same in college
football. Half these guys couldn't run 50 yards without falling flat on their ass.

I rewatched the first half today and there were at least 6 missed bad calls. How about Austin Hollins' air balled 3 where he was clearly fouled. No excuse for how the gophers did not show up in the second half.

I still want to know what happened when the refs blew the whistle and let the Badgers throw the ball in for a second time. Was their player on the line? Pitino looked shocked when that occurred.

I still want to know what happened when the refs blew the whistle and let the Badgers throw the ball in for a second time. Was their player on the line? Pitino looked shocked when that occurred.
That was ridiculous. The original inbound did not take place from behind the line. The broadcasters didn't even catch it. Pittino should have gone off on that one.

That was as blatant as anything. The ref basically said, 'hey that's an inbounds violation, do it over.' To be honest I might not have noticed if didn't get called for it twice against Illinois for less obvious ones.

Top Bottom