Fire PJ immediately please

Who would you hire that would make a difference? Honest question
someone else.

Look I get the “ok smart guy” routine. I don’t know who. I’m not immersed in coaching circles. But a dude with a terrible team who was not coach 2 months ago just took PJ to the woodshed

I think the “well who the fuck wants to coach Minny in the big ten” counter argument isn’t very good

PJ has dropped a lot in my eyes. It mostly has to do with preparation for both the team and himself.

The last play of tonight's game reminded me of the Gopher Hockey in OT in the last National Championship game. Both were Keystone Kop Clown Shows. The coaches didn't have the right personnel in and those players were five steps behind the play.

So when does this get into Glen Mason territory? Program is usually competitive but has hit a ceiling. When does it come time to try to elevate higher? It's gonna get a lot tougher starting next season.

Yep.....there is a crowd that always appears after a loss but is nowhere to be found after wins. Interesting how that works.

Is what it.....this one sucked, shouldn't have lost with the lead we had. Coaches, players....tons of blame to go around. Lot of things to get figured out to try and salvage the season.
Such a self own. The only fans that show up after an embarrassing loss are rival trolls?

We’re a degraded program and fan base. Just years and years of misery.

someone else.

Look I get the “ok smart guy” routine. I don’t know who. I’m not immersed in coaching circles. But a dude with a terrible team who was not coach 2 months ago just took PJ to the woodshed

I don’t think the “well who the fuck wants to coach Minny in the big ten” counter argument isn’t very good
It’s not. But you’re not realistically firing a coach with his record here. Now if he goes 4-8 this year and follows it up with a 5-7 year next year I’ll agree it’s time to move on

smh.....gopherhole is not going to be a fun place for the next week or so while the morons go crazy posting BS stuff like this thread....
If you don't like it, maybe don't blow a 21 point lead against a team that's being held together by Scotch tape. This was an embarrassing job from top to bottom.

So when does this get into Glen Mason territory? Program is usually competitive but has hit a ceiling. When does it come time to try to elevate higher? It's gonna get a lot tougher starting next season.
We are already in Glenn Mason territory.

Clown take. Look at our god awful basketball team, it’s not on PJ it’s the sorry defensive backs who gave up at halftime. Maybe Rossy is not the guy but don’t put this on PJ.
Any counter arguments?

smh.....gopherhole is not going to be a fun place for the next week or so while the morons go crazy posting BS stuff like this thread....
Why is this a crazy thread.

Answer honestly!

Is this program moving forward or going backward? If not sure, you can get back to me in 4 weeks. The answer will be completely obvious.

What a bad loss!!! Blowing a 21 point lead to a bad Northwestern team is inexcusable. We will get the usual player inexperience and it’s all on him speech from Fleck. A number of bad plays and bad play calling piled up bad loss. It may be time for Flecky to go due to I am not seeing him taking this team to the next level. Does Kaliakmanis need a tire and swing for the week to practice on?

It’s not. But you’re not realistically firing a coach with his record here. Now if he goes 4-8 this year and follows it up with a 5-7 year next year I’ll agree it’s time to move on
Wisconsin makes bold moves. You need years and years or seeing the same thing over and over to make up your mind.

Clown take. Look at our god awful basketball team, it’s not on PJ it’s the sorry defensive backs who gave up at halftime. Maybe Rossy is not the guy but don’t put this on PJ.
Rossi's defense has had one (maybe two) down weeks and been otherwise phenomenal throughout his tenure. Saying he's 'not the guy' is ridiculous.

Why is this a crazy thread.

Answer honestly!

Is this program moving forward or going backward? If not sure, you can get back to me in 4 weeks. The answer will be completely obvious.
I’m not going to excuse away this loss, but every program goes through ebbs and flows over a long stretch of time. We aren’t going to win 9 games again, so to some that may appear we’re going backwards. I prefer to think we are in a valley with more peaks to come in the future.

I’m not going to excuse away this loss, but every program goes through ebbs and flows over a long stretch of time. We aren’t going to win 9 games again, so to some that may appear we’re going backwards. I prefer to think we are in a valley with more peaks to come in the future.
I think we are worse next year, and we are going to be getting schooled frequently the rest of this year.

Agreed with this, though I do think that the way that they lost this game merits some self reflection from PJ and staff. Their entire identity is based on ball control and they just gave up a 21-point lead in the fourth quarter. They've lost their way this year.

Last edited:

Remind me why we are so desperate to hand the OC job to a WR coach who’s on his 4th straight year of putting out a shitty WR group?
The guy who's coached WRs to the NFL? Who called the winning game vs Auburn who had 6 defensive players drafted..

Remind me again how many QBs we've put in the NFL recently...(or ever).

You lose bud. Next!

I think we are worse next year, and we are going to be getting schooled frequently the rest of this year.
Remember when you were calling for Tanner to get pulled for Athan last year and I said that's dumb because a Freshman QB is going to struggle in his first year? He's struggling. He plays a tough schedule this year. He'll be better next year. It takes time.

They’re not that good. That’s what happened.

Who you gonna replace him with?
If they're not that good, what's the problem with replacing.

Maybe the next coach will have them at........not that good. That's the whole point.

The guy who's coached WRs to the NFL? Who called the winning game vs Auburn who had 6 defensive players drafted..

Remind me again how many QBs we've put in the NFL recently...(or ever).

You lose bud. Next!
There’s obviously a reason he hasn’t been given full reign as OC, and no other program has offered it to him. I have nothing against Simon, but one game where he had a month to prepare isn’t enough to convince me he’s ready for the job.

Top Bottom