Finals (Death Match) - Which 2011 recruit are you most excited about?

Finals - Which recruit are you most excited to see?

• Tommy Olson, OL - Mahtomedi, MN

Votes: 40 40.8%
  • Devin Crawford-Tufts, WR - Edina, MN

Votes: 18 18.4%
  • Max Shortell, QB - Shawnee Mission, KS

Votes: 11 11.2%
  • Quentin Gardener, WR - Denton, TX

Votes: 23 23.5%
  • Steven Montgomery, DB - Miramar, FL

Votes: 15 15.3%
  • Kyle & Luke McAvoy, OT - Bloomington, IL

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Joshua Campion, OL - Fork Union, VA & Fergus Falls, MN

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • Jephete Matilus, LB - Delray Beach, FL

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • John Rabe, TE - Iowa Falls, IA

Votes: 5 5.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rescooter

Section 243
Reaction score
Here it is folks - The "Death Match". I'm allowing multiple voting, so vote early and often. I have given a short bio on the top 5 seeds. I've also given a bio for our "sleeper" entry - John Rabe.

#1 seed: Tommy Olson, OL – Mahtomedi, MN – When it comes to following through on blocks, Tommy takes it to an extreme. He intimidates and humiliates his opponents by pancaking as many as two at a time. He held MANY Big 10 offers and is the top recruit in the state. He’s as mean as they come on the field, but off the field is a very decent person. He bleeds maroon & gold.

#2 seed: Devin Crawford-Tufts, WR – Edina, MN - Coach Kill is on record as saying he’ll be arguable one of the fastest players he’s coached. He’s got the height and leaping ability to be a game changer. He shows good body control and has good running instinct. Devin was the top vote getter, so it can be assumed we have a strong “Crawford’s Crew” in the state.

#3 seed: Max Shortell, QB – Shawnee Mission, KS – Big, tall, and talented quarterback out of Kansas. He had a long list of impressive offers. He is a pocket passer, but has the size and balance to shrug off tacklers. What I like most about him is the fact that he says he will press Marquis Gray for the starting job. We need more of our recruits to have this sort of confidence - can you say captain material?

#4 seed: Quentin Gardener, WR – Denton TX – Was getting some serious looks from the top schools in the country. Was injured and sat out most of the 2010 season. Came back and excelled on offense and defense. He is a team player who not only possesses natural ability but brings with him a hard work ethic. He also has an uncanny sense of knowing when to work back to the quarterback.

#5 seed: Steven Montgomery, DB – Miramar, FL – A hard hitting defensive back possessing the skills necessary to become a game changer. A very impressive offer list. He reminds me of Trumain Brock in that he loves to go for the big hit which makes receivers think twice about stretching for the ball. I’ve seen his tackling game steadily improving over the last 2 years which shows he’s very coachable.

#9 seed: John Rabe, TE - Iowa Falls, IA - Many will say WTF, but this is my poll and I make the rules. Plus, Seany said he likes a longshot. I know nothing about John Rabe from Iowa, but hopefully he gets more than 2 votes.

Here it is folks - The "Death Match". I'm allowing multiple voting, so vote early and often. I have given a short bio on the top 5 seeds. I've also given a bio for our "sleeper" entry - John Rabe.

#1 seed: Tommy Olson, OL – Mahtomedi, MN – When it comes to following through on blocks, Tommy takes it to an extreme. He intimidates and humiliates his opponents by pancaking as many as two at a time. He held MANY Big 10 offers and is the top recruit in the state. He’s as mean as they come on the field, but off the field is a very decent person. He bleeds maroon & gold.

#2 seed: Devin Crawford-Tufts, WR – Edina, MN - Coach Kill is on record as saying he’ll be arguable one of the fastest players he’s coached. He’s got the height and leaping ability to be a game changer. He shows good body control and has good running instinct. Devin was the top vote getter, so it can be assumed we have a strong “Crawford’s Crew” in the state.

#3 seed: Max Shortell, QB – Shawnee Mission, KS – Big, tall, and talented quarterback out of Kansas. He had a long list of impressive offers. He is a pocket passer, but has the size and balance to shrug off tacklers. What I like most about him is the fact that he says he will press Marquis Gray for the starting job. We need more of our recruits to have this sort of confidence - can you say captain material?

#4 seed: Quentin Gardener, WR – Denton TX – Was getting some serious looks from the top schools in the country. Was injured and sat out most of the 2010 season. Came back and excelled on offense and defense. He is a team player who not only possesses natural ability but brings with him a hard work ethic. He also has an uncanny sense of knowing when to work back to the quarterback.

#5 seed: Steven Montgomery, DB – Miramar, FL – A hard hitting defensive back possessing the skills necessary to become a game changer. A very impressive offer list. He reminds me of Trumain Brock in that he loves to go for the big hit which makes receivers think twice about stretching for the ball. I’ve seen his tackling game steadily improving over the last 2 years which shows he’s very coachable.

#9 seed: John Rabe, TE - Iowa Falls, IA - Many will say WTF, but this is my poll and I make the rules. Plus, Seany said he likes a longshot. I know nothing about John Rabe from Iowa, but hopefully he gets more than 2 votes.

Heh. Had to go with Rabe again! ;)

This poll so far has been a huge surprise!

Quentin Gardener out of Texas is making a run at the lead against hometown hero Tommy Olson. I'm feeling an upset in the making.

I had to go with DCT. He has the speed Coach Kill salivates about at a position of need.

Quentin for me. I see an Ernie Wheelwright with more talent and drive.

1 thru 5 are all winners, but man you've got to love Tommy The Tank! Woohoo!

Had to go with Tommy because of the hype, from this board and from coach Kill. If he's anything less than a monster, a lot of people are going to be disappointed.

Behold, Tommy the tanks senior highlights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCdS1XVQnvA

What has always amazed me is how fast and athletic he is. He is as fast as some of the linebackers in this video. Going to miss watching him every friday that's for sure.

Top Bottom