Final word on Dev

rccola889

Student
Reaction score
After stating that he was not going anywhere Bostick proved it by heading to class this morning in the freezing cold Minnesota weather. Had he been plannign on leaving its doubtful that he would bother waking up and going to class that early.

Not to question your notion either way, but I really don't think there is a correlation between going to class in January and transferring/not transferring at the end of the year. If he doesn't go to class, Tubby won't play him THIS year.

And even if he chooses to transfer (which I'm assuming he won't, as he has stated), he still needs to attend class to be in good standing if he wants to be accepted at another school.

I really don't think showing up at class is a "final word" on anything.

After stating that he was not going anywhere Bostick proved it by heading to class this morning in the freezing cold Minnesota weather. Had he been plannign on leaving its doubtful that he would bother waking up and going to class that early.

Good to hear. But if he wanted to transfer, he would still have to go to class if he wanted to play somewhere else. He said his status was due to a personal situation, not Gopher basketball related. I'll take him at his word.

anything but final word...we'll see what happens after the spring semester

Just to play devil's advocate..

If Bos was planning to transfer, and ultimately chooses a school before the end of Spring Semester, he could apply to the school with his current grades.. and the classes from this semester would be listed as 'in progress.' Unless the school was a fantastic institute or Bos's grades were terrible prior to Spring Semester, I don't think he'd need to resend his transcript to whatever school he decides on to get accepted. Since he's on scholarship, if he fails every class this semester there's no monetary loss for him, and he would likely receive a scholarship elsewhere.

That said, I doubt Bostick transfers. He seems happy enough, and I think he'll play his way back into the rotation in the near future. He's the team's most talented offensive player, and that's clearly the biggest weakness we've shown in the last few games. They need a player who can score consistently, and I think Bostick could be that guy.

What time was the class?
One should never schedule a class before 11:00 am. winter quarter.

the more and more i think about it, it probably was about basketball. What was Devron gonna say? He had no choice really, he couldn't say it was about basketball. He blew it and he knows it. He deleted his status less than 2 hours after he posted it, which says to me he regretted putting up there in the first place. What personal problems are gonna be cleared up after a year anyways? That doesn't make any sense. I dont owe anyone an apology besides Devron personally. I just brought light to a situation that was already made public. That's it and I'm done.

the more and more i think about it, it probably was about basketball. What was Devron gonna say? He had no choice really, he couldn't say it was about basketball. He blew it and he knows it. He deleted his status less than 2 hours after he posted it, which says to me he regretted putting up there in the first place. What personal problems are gonna be cleared up after a year anyways? That doesn't make any sense. I dont owe anyone an apology besides Devron personally. I just brought light to a situation that was already made public. That's it and I'm done.

You don't owe Devron squat. He posted that garbage on a public site. You don't think with over 1,000 "friends" this wasn't going to get to Tubby or brought to light? Tough lesson to learn, especially after Myron reported about it. I imagine Tubby said something and might have told him to get rid of the profile. I guess you should be reflecting if you are over the age of 24 and trying to be his "friend" or calling him. Seriously, my college roommates (hockey players) would get calls from 35-40 year old guys wanting to go to the bar with them. Don't be one of those people!

That always sucked. Why does IT have classes start at 8:00 all the time and the Liberal Arts College at like 10:00? It's not like we're nerds or something and don't like to sleep in.

Because we IT grads will actually hold a job that requires us to be at work at 8:00am :p

FWIW- IF we keep improving, we will have players leave the program as the talent level keeps improving. As was said earlier..the sledding just gets tougher next year with the recruits we have coming aboard. If you cannot get playing time this year...cannot see it happening next year.

That said, I think Bostick adds a lot to this squad. HE is a big guard and can play good defense. He just needs to be more consistent once on the floor.

You don't owe Devron squat. He posted that garbage on a public site. You don't think with over 1,000 "friends" this wasn't going to get to Tubby or brought to light? Tough lesson to learn, especially after Myron reported about it. I imagine Tubby said something and might have told him to get rid of the profile. I guess you should be reflecting if you are over the age of 24 and trying to be his "friend" or calling him. Seriously, my college roommates (hockey players) would get calls from 35-40 year old guys wanting to go to the bar with them. Don't be one of those people!

yeah, you're probably right...im just the messenger...i heard you the first time...i would never call anyone i didnt know obviously, i have no interest in hanging out with these guys, trust me. i just was curious to see their pictures really

I am an old retired teacher/coach. I heard kids say things. Let it go, everyone, please. Stop the gossip. Let Tubby handle it, HE is a big boy, not a novice. You think this is the worst Tubby has had to deal with? NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom