Final Point Totals in UM vs. UW Border Battle Competition: UM 495; UW 345

Reaction score
EDIT: the UM point total should read 535 and not 495. a sound butt kicking of the badgers by the gophers this year. nice work and congrats to all of the student athletes & coaches involved! :clap:

3-3-1 in the biggies

It's always nice to win this thing vs. the Badgers, but the most important number is 3-3-1. ...

men's buckets (2-0)
men's puck (1-2-1)
football (0-1)

Start winning those battles more often than not, then we'll really have the Average Joe/Jane Minnesotan taking notice of Gopher sports.

On a side note, even though we've won just twice in the five years of this contest, our two butt-kickings and their three squeaker victories have allowed us to build an overall advantage in points of 2120-1820. If that doesn't show supremacy, nothing ever will...

This should be 535-345 I think because the link below is the official scoring site and has it at 455-345 without the 80 points (40 each) for the Gophs winning both men's and women's track and field.

http://www.gophersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=8400&ATCLID=1582564

Scratch that, it's been updated and now reflects 535-345!

you are right. my bad! i completely overlooked the women's track & field 3rd place finish over the weekend. 535 points for UM is correct.

Very cool and thanks for the link, it's always fun to kick the arse of the unspeakables :pig: to the east!

Top Bottom