Ferentz

MaxyJR1

Reaction score
He is really emotional in press conference and interviews this week. Has he always been this way? Almost wonder if he’s considering retiring. Seems like they would be favorites in west if people with eligibility come back.

Kirk is certainly a little more off the cuff / emotional than the past for sure.

I attributed it to just getting older but now I wonder.

Last edited:

Ferentz is always emotional, I have noticed this after big wins especially. His voice cracks, he composes himself, and talks some more. Not anything new at all.

I hope he comes back for 1 more season and they have a 8-4 (1 of losses against MN of course) season where the defense disappoints but the offense is above average. Then we get his retirement and they sign his son to a 10 year contract. Feel like that will help MN and set us up for long term success against Iowa.

I don't get much of the Ferentz adoration.

Iowa is fairly average almost every single year. The fan base after their two losses was epic to watch. They wanted Ferentz and his Stone Age offense to leave.

If Martinez or Clifford play the game against them, they don't win the west.

Iowa fans have shut up for a while about him. If he comes back, they will be whining about him again next year.

I agree that he's a smart coaching, ruggedly handsome, gum chewing son of a gun. Does he smoke or use tobacco normally and gum is his way to avoid that during games?

Remember towards the end when John Boehner got super weepy about things like meeting the pope?

He’s been shedding tears since ‘04 and his second conference title.

Last edited:

Top Bottom