Fellow Gopher Fans in Sioux Falls, SD.

Sioux Falls Gopher

Reaction score
I have been a long time follower, first time poster to this forum. Being a Gopher fan in a state overrun with Husker fans I have been trying to put together a group of Gopher fans in Sioux Falls, SD with little success to date. Curious out there if anyone is around the area that may also be interested in connecting for future Gopher events.

I have been a long time follower, first time poster to this forum. Being a Gopher fan in a state overrun with Husker fans I have been trying to put together a group of Gopher fans in Sioux Falls, SD with little success to date. Curious out there if anyone is around the area that may also be interested in connecting for future Gopher events.

Welcome and I hope you have great success with your goal. The good news is that you are already are more popular here than Herd.

I thought someone a couple years ago was on here and had tried to organize a group of Gopher Fans togther in Sioux Falls. Can't remember who that poster was at the time, but for some reason I recall that. I could be completely off base as well.

Thanks for posting that e.bigelow. Was just logging in to say they used to have something going at Nuttys on game day. I can't say anything else about it as I kept my tickets when I moved here and make the drive for the home games.

Nice post! It's a great idea and obviously something I'm very interested in. Check out this link:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sioux-Falls-Gopher-Fans/177013579029255

When I did this a few years ago we really had a great turn out for the first few weeks. The problem I ran into is that we couldn't make a lot of the parties as we have season tickets. Without being able to be present every week it kind of died out. Then, the nail in the coffin was that Nutty's changed ownership so our beer deals and signage weren't as welcome with the new owners.

Also, the Gophers sucked balls that season and the many Gopher fans here in town weren't quite ready to show their face in public! I've definitely noticed more Maroon around town lately! I will PM you my info as my wife and I would love to get something going, we have a strong group of Gopher friends so I'm confident we could get a good thing going.

Welcome to the 'Hole BTW

Thanks for posting that e.bigelow. Was just logging in to say they used to have something going at Nuttys on game day. I can't say anything else about it as I kept my tickets when I moved here and make the drive for the home games.

I did the same thing! Long drive 7 times a year but it's worth it! It would be great to have an awesome viewing party during away games though. I have a few connections in town that may pay off in getting something started. I had big dreams in getting a great group of fans together and have a sort of "Sioux Falls for Gophers" club. If it got big enough we could fund raise for the program, be Goalline Club sponsor, get Gopher gear for a raffle, or maybe get a visit from Jerry! I had big dreams, maybe with some more help we could get things like that done over time!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sioux-Falls-Gopher-Fans/177013579029255

Don't forget the area around Sioux Falls. ie South Western MN. A 50 mile drive is better than 175 - 200 miles

Been a lurker in here for about 2 years but when I saw my city get mentioned I knew I better finally get signed up...

Always wondered/hoped of a Gopher bar here in Sioux Falls. Would love to have "the place" to go for games. I'd be interested in seeing this get started. And Rog brings up a great point, I bet you could draw well from SWMN, my hometown of Luverne has plenty of Gopher fans!

Yes lots of fans in here in SW MN. My brother lives in Sioux Falls and my girlfriend is from there, so I am more than happy to head there for gopher games.

When I originally tried this two years ago I definitely included SW Minnesota and whole area for our club. In fact there was a real nice gentleman and his son that come down from Minnesota for a game. (He was a GopherHoler but I can't remember who.)

There seems to be more interest in a "club" than there was two years ago. The hardest thing to do is getting people to commit.

Maybe the next step is to start gathering names and contact info. If you're willing to PM me your phone # and e-mail I can start compiling a contact list.

Any ideas, suggestions, etc. can be put in this thread or PM'ing me. I'll do whatever I can to get the ball rolling but additional help from other people would really help to make it bigger and better.

Check out the above links as that's where you can read about the exciting things I made headway on back then. There is a lot of opportunity for some special things and events.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

From SW MN, now living in Sioux Falls. A good friend of mine bought and decked out a bus in all things Gopher this last year and we took it up to almost all of the home games. (life does get in the way sometimes) When we aren't making the trip to the games, we are always trying to get a party/gathering going to watch the games with. We also are currently doing this with Gophers Wrestling. Just seen the Facebook group also so I made sure we 'Liked' that as well. Would love to meet more Gopher fans in SuFu. It's way too overran by Red and Yellow.

From SW MN, now living in Sioux Falls. A good friend of mine bought and decked out a bus in all things Gopher this last year and we took it up to almost all of the home games. (life does get in the way sometimes) When we aren't making the trip to the games, we are always trying to get a party/gathering going to watch the games with. We also are currently doing this with Gophers Wrestling. Just seen the Facebook group also so I made sure we 'Liked' that as well. Would love to meet more Gopher fans in SuFu. It's way too overran by Red and Yellow.

The wife and I drove an ambulance up there the last couple years! Unfortunately, it will have to be retired. 6 mpg is not easy on the wallet! (the ambulance is in my avatar pic.)

Didn't know we had that many people from Sioux Falls on here. Well I'm just a couple years short, as I was born and raised in Sioux Falls till I moved 3 years ago to the Valley of the Sun. I know some of my friends back home that are huge gopher fans. I'll let them know that you're trying to get something set up. Good luck! :)

Another Sioux Falls gopher here. Make it up for one game a year with the family otherwise I sit at home by my self and enjoy gopher FB . Would love to get together with fellow fans on game day ....btw I was invited to an alum party for Wis game this year at the west side Shenanigans and enjoyed it ..

Great thoughts on here. I try to get to a couple home games a year, but otherwise watch with my boys at home. I spend most my time on Rivals but check in the hole once in awhile. It would be nice if you could find a bar with good watching capabilities but also a willing partner in that they are looking to add some bodies on Saturdays. If you get anything going, I will pass on the info to the rivals posters that are from the Sioux Falls area as there are at least 7-10 regulars that I have noticed.

I like the response so far. Joe and I will be trying to get something local going in Sioux falls again and let you all know.

I am in NW Iowa, not too far from Sioux Falls. Count me as possibly in depending on day etc. for a get together!

Sioux Falls gopher fan also. I would enjoy getting together for games. I went to first big house game this year. Great time. Also follow usf Cougars in town for their "bigger" games. Planning on going to Columbus this year.

I live in Garretson, SD, and I would be interested in getting together for games.

My recommendation is to get some of that fine beer being produced at the new brewery in Luverne and make it happen!!!

No I most certainly did NOT. I love Schells but I don't think you would ever hear anyone refer to it as "new." I meant the new brewery in Luverne - "Take 16." Look it up... I've sampled their recipes and I enjoyed all of them. Their stuff is currently popping up all over sw MN and eastern SD.

http://www.take16beer.com

After suffering mostly alone in Sioux Falls today with a group that consisted of an Oklahoma State alumn and a Nebraska fan and then facetiming a fellow Gopher after they left from the bar so he could watch wondering if any people gathered at a more central location for today's game? The rest of the games I should be able to get at home but would always be down to meet up with fellow Gopher fans in the best little city in America.

Top Bottom