Feldman on Ohio State

swingman

Reaction score
Feldman a lead CFB guy with Fox and The Athletic...had been ESPN in past.

And Bruce Feldman kinda went in on the Buckeyes on the new episode of the Russillo podcast.

"The defense, I don’t know if they’re going to be that good. I think people forget, when Jeff Hafley got hired there by Ryan Day, that was a great hire. He made a profound impact on them defensively. I’m not sure how much different they’re going to be on defense. That’s an interesting one for me."
“I have more confidence in the Oklahoma defense than I do the Ohio State defense. It’s not by a ton, I don’t think Ohio State is going to be horrible on defense, I think they’ll be good on the defensive line, but they were really shaky last year. And they lost a bunch of linebackers.”
“To me, I don’t think it’s as much a C.J. Stroud thing, but I do think they are going to be in some shootout kind of games because of their defense, and you’re talking about a guy who’s never played at all. You had to be Justin Fields to kind of overcome the defense last year.”
“I think they probably will win the Big Ten, but I think they are a 10-2 kind of team, more than anything.”
“I don’t know if they’re that much better than Iowa, to be honest.”

My mind went to Iowa fan Lois (of Metrodome bathroom fame”

Ohio State's back seven on defense, especially the LBs, is its Achilles heel. If we can exploit that weakness--which is likely a coordination and decision-making weakness, rather than athleticism--Tanner and Mo can stay on the field a long time and score some points. If that is the case, new QB CJ Stroud will have to be more than a game manager for them. He'll have to hit two or three home run bombs, as Fields always did to pull things out.

This is Ohio state’s first offensive “reload” post Saban recruits.

you can start judging the Ryan day era this year.

Never forget that Frank Solich had Nebraska in a national title game. Larry Coker and Gene Chezik won national titles. All post BCS starting.

This is Ohio state’s first offensive “reload” post Saban recruits.

you can start judging the Ryan day era this year.

Never forget that Frank Solich had Nebraska in a national title game. Larry Coker and Gene Chezik won national titles. All post BCS starting.
Never forget Saban coaches at Bama lol.

Never forget Saban coaches at Bama lol.
Yeah. Are you saying Ryan Day is Saban?

I was giving examples of guys who won big in their first few years but couldn’t sustain it once the previous guys studs were gone

I see now. Urban and Saban are only two letters different

Top Bottom